1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I can't hear anything..

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by OutlawSteph1975, May 5, 2007.

1. OutlawSteph1975

OutlawSteph1975 Friend of Leo's

My 60s Classic is insanely quiet.. until I play it that is!!

There's hardly any hum at all. Does anyone have pictures of its insides? I don't like to tear my guitars apart unless there's a professional around. :oops: They obviously did something right here regarding the pickups themselves and the shielding.

2. tellypicker

tellypicker Tele-Meister

Sounds like you got a good one.

3. Pete Galati

Pete Galati R.I.P.

There're only two phillips head screws holding that control plate on. That doesn't really qualify as tearing it apart.

Are the '60s Classics supposed to be copies of '60s guitars, or are they just supposed to look like them? Because I don't think a real one would have been shielded. My '69 was never shielded anyhow. Don;t know about the rest of the decade.

Pete

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Steph,
    I did a search for classic 60's tele gut shot and only got this.... for some reason I thought you'd still wanna see it.

[​IMG]

5. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

I've had mine apart... No shielding or anything like that... Classic on the inside too...

BBB.

6. James Lutz

James Lutz Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Man, I wish people would stop posting pictures of me on the internet....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Its got a seperate wire that grounds it to the bridgeplate. NO shielding tho.

Mine was very silent also.

8. OutlawSteph1975

Getbent.. it's the thought that counts but he doesn't do much for me!! :lol: I'd rather look at a well-dressed authentic gentlemen than a half naked hottie anyday.

[​IMG]

9. OutlawSteph1975

The 70s Classics mustn't have that, I'm guessing.

10. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

...I'll take the half-naked hottie. Thanks Randy! And thanks to Jim for posing. Randy's gettin' much better with his photography - he shadowed your abs nicely. :D

The 60's classics I've picked up have been rather noisey - that's awesome that yours is so quiet! Did you buy it new? Maybe I'm so used to Bardens (no hum whatsoever) that even the slighest bit of single coil sizzle gets me. I'm lookin' forward to hearin' more about yours, it must be shielded - wax potted? Somethin'. (and congrats, Steph, those are super nice!)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.