1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I can't find a tele bridge pickup with gold pole pieces anywhere?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ben smith, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

if you can find me one that isn't a huge amount of money that would be great. i am not really a snob when it comes to pickups, i have had pickups that cost £5 pounds from china that have sounded amazing. so if you can find me a tele bridge pickup with gold pole pieces that is cheap enough ill even send you some free string ferrules and good brass compensated saddles as i don't like this type, these are yours as a gift! thanks CompSaddLH-2.jpg

2. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

ben smith likes this.
  3. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

If it was my project, I'd try gold paint. I doubt that anybody plates those magnets.

ben smith and hemingway like this.
  4. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

the TS-90's are very interesting indeed, would be great if i could get just the bridge pickup though. a gold railed hotrail is also interesting but maybe not for a hundred bucks, i am definitely a single coil guy now though. thanks very much, they are bookmarked for sure. see what others come up with

5. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

yeah i thought about getting the pole pieces out and painting the tips but i could end up destroying the pickup, and to try paint them while they are in will look tatty i reckon. thanks

6. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

How about gold foil/leaf and a spot of glue?

ben smith likes this.
  7. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Axesrus sell the parts in gold so I’d drop them an email and see what they can either wind or recommend.

ben smith likes this.
  8. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

I just checked them out! a gold rail that is not £100 only £45 and probably sounds amazing, that is very doable indeed! thanks a lot

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.