I can't cook bacon. Now I'm self aware.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
A quick Google says that 454g (that's one pound in old money) of bacon contains 190g of fat (290% of daily value), 500mg cholesterol (165% daily value), and 2000-2500cal depending on the cure.

Convince me that eating a pound of bacon in one sitting is healthy :)
Nooooo, I'm not gonna listen, ignorance is bliss, pass the bacon!

fjblair

Tele-Afflicted
A quick Google says that 454g (that's one pound in old money) of bacon contains 190g of fat (290% of daily value), 500mg cholesterol (165% daily value), and 2000-2500cal depending on the cure.

I didn't realize we were talking about eating a pound in one sitting. That's a ton of calories.

Last edited:

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

Who's your daddy?

Dark-Side-Bacon.jpg

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I remember bacon…

It ain’t the fat, it’s the nitrites/trates/whatever.

Anyway, Morningstar farms are probably just as bad but , 4” gone on my waist line so…blecchh…

Soy meat suuuuucks…👎🏽🤢

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I like to cook it in the oven ... the whole pack. On top of Brussel sprouts. The sprouts soak up the grease. The bacon gets nice and crispy. Store them in the fridge and eat on em all week.

I used to cut up the bacon but now I just leave it whole.

brussel sprouts 2.jpg

VWAmTele

Friend of Leo's
as a kid I would just drag it over a hot oven grill a few times before eating. Six siblings, you had to move fast before the others got a whiff.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I remember bacon…

It ain’t the fat, it’s the nitrites/trates/whatever.

Anyway, Morningstar farms are probably just as bad but , 4” gone on my waist line so…blecchh…

Soy meat suuuuucks…👎🏽🤢
Alex is a lean mean fighting machine, he doesn't eat anything but dogfood! Is there a health note in there somewhere? ;)

staxman

Tele-Afflicted
When I first read the title of the post, I thought the OP was having trouble properly cooking bacon. But, obviously you’re not having any problems in that area. Party on!

Dostradamas

Tele-Afflicted
Take your bacon raw and press strips into a bowl of brown sugar (coating each strip) then bake @400 til just crisp.

I like to put cooling racks in my sheet pan to elevate said bacon while baking so grease drips off.

Candied Bacon mmmmm candied bacon.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Take your bacon raw and press strips into a bowl of brown sugar (coating each strip) then bake @400 til just crisp.

I like to put cooling racks in my sheet pan to elevate said bacon while baking so grease drips off.

Candied Bacon mmmmm View attachment 1047117
Mmmmmmm ... Cholesterol AND carbs together like it's the first time!
A cardiologist's wet dream!

nickmsmith

Tele-Holic
You should try baking it in the oven. Easiest method, great results, easy to clean if you set it up right and because you'll set a timer you can't screw it up and burn it. It's the player piano of the bacon cookery world.
That’s exactly what I was going to say. Oven cooked bacon is perfect every time.

Hey_you

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I have learned that to make bacon crispy you start with a cold skillet. LOW heat. Yeah, it take a long time to finish.But it is not burnt! I prefer thick sliced. Made some this morn. HMMMMMM 😍