I can't believe how lucky I am

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by petebradt, Dec 5, 2007.

1. woodman

woodman Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed Gold Supporter

mine is not only supportive of my other gigs, but she sings with me in one of the bands! needless to say, she's more supportive of those gigs than she is the other bands ... but she's always encouraged my home-builds and never balked when i needed to buy gear.

Attached Files:

2. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

My partner is getting together with her mum and dad to buy my a butterscotch affinity for christmas!!

She also puts up with my inane gabbling about 'tone' and 'Redd' and with countless guitars and parts strewn around the house.

Aint that love!!

3. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Pete: Congratulations on your good fortune, thanks for the chance to mention mine. Great thread!

My wife Mary is as supportive and with me in music as she could be. Comes to gigs, helps carry equipment, listens hard and has a great ear. She tolerates an amp, 3 or 4 pedals, plus 2 guitars in the living room (most of the time) For all that -- and for many other reasons -- I consider myself extremely lucky. It must be very difficult to love someone who has little tolerance for something that is real important to you.

4. emjayjay

emjayjay Tele-Meister

my gf's great too!

she's always encouraging me to play more, and has bought me gear for my birthdays and xmas.

she loves reading and has lots of different sorts of books, so whatever mood she's in, or whether she wants "chic lit" or a good ol' murder mystery, she's got exactly what she wants to read, and so understands why i "need" so many guitars and amps. how good's that?!!:lol:

oh, and she's recently started learning bass too!

5. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Good work emjayjay, always good to have some way of relating it to them, helps em get their heads round our little obsession.

(That was an extract from "what steve g knows about women" (a short pamphlet))

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

It's always nice when the sweetie says 'don't stop playing, play that again' instead of 'turn it down'.
    At least someone thinks I know what I'm doing.

Nice thread, Pete.

Bubbanov

7. emjayjay

emjayjay Tele-Meister

my boss recently asked me why i need all my guitars (6!) - i explained to him that you wouldn't wear your work shoes to the gym, or go to a wedding in trainers, or play football in slippers... he's a keen fisherman and has lots of rods etc and wanted to know how to "justify" all his fishing stuff to his wife...he liked my thinking! :lol:

8. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I can't believe how lucky almost ALL of you are.

Any of these women have available sisters?

9. teleclarkster

teleclarkster Tele-Holic

My wife is completely supportive. Even when I was touring as an engineer and away for months at at time she'd keep the household running and didn't seem to mind too much that I was gone, as long as the money kept rolling in. Many of my old road buddies, players and crew alike have lost their wifes or girlfriends because of the demands of the job.

Now that I'm back playing again she's completely behind me. She knows it makes me happy and that makes her happy. I'm one lucky guy.

10. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Laura and I have been together 15 years now. She still brags to her friends that she get's to listen to me practice and smiles when she says it. We've had our financial struggles, but she's never said, "Why don't you sell one of your guitars?" I'm blessed.

And yes, she does have a sister. But her sister was married to a musician who cheated on her, let her support him and then took long term gigs in far away places to get away from her. She's now married to an accountant.

11. hal

hal Tele-Afflicted

supportive wife...

Mine is pretty supportive as well. It helps that I make good money doing it, especially in the month of December.

12. shoebox22

shoebox22 Tele-Meister

Sometimes wives are lucky, too. Its easy if you have a good man. ;)

Attached Files:

13. fltpkr

fltpkr RIP

My wife is very supportive. She understood before we were married that my playing guitar is not an option, but something I've done almost my entire life and something that will continue until I can't hold a guitar anymore. She also sings choral music and has a musical soul, so she understands the importance of musical expression.

14. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I'm Lucky...

...maybe not as lucky as OF (we do argue, but 99% of the time it's my fault). Married 33 years, stood by me through my young & wild phase, bought me my first Fender (a '73 Stratocaster) for Christmas decades ago, would let me buy 100 guitars if I wanted 'em, came to every single gig when I played out & is my biggest fan by a long shot. She loves me to play & sing to her, but is even happy just to hear me play anything except loud & distorted stuff. Not sure she quite gets my recent Tele obsession, but she's tolerant.

She is one truly tone-deaf wonder (probably why she tolerates my playing) and cannot play or sing a thing, but here she is joking for my sister a year ago, with one of my flattops.

Attached Files:

15. mojito

mojito Tele-Meister

I definitely married up in the world!!!
    A beautiful woman, a great wife and mother, good cook and music lover. She'll carry a guitar for me but not an amp. She supports my hobby and loves to play her piano. I'm very lucky too!

....and I count my blessings about it daily!

16. div

div Tele-Meister

You guys are lucky allright-

but (this thread just reminded me) I'm the luckiest!

[​IMG]

17. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

That's a great picture Div. Nice family. There must be some cousins in there, no? I've got three daughters myself. I'm planning on playing Loudon Wainwright's "Daughter" for Christmas, if only to make my mom tear up.

Anyway, my wife is extremely great, but I usually get: "You're an idiot" along with a big smile.

18. jamesbookert

jamesbookert TDPRI Member

i hafe a gf who's a musician too, so everything works out well. i think the best part is that she isn't a girl who's all about the band...that is, she shys away from being the gilfriend/groupy. she usually stands in the back and gives pretty insightful constructive criticism (she's a musican too.) so, brother, i feel ur pain, and know the type of crappy gf, and i've a good one!

19. div

div Tele-Meister

Hockey- shoulda mentioned only 50% of the kids in that picture are mine. The ones to your left belong to friends. I'm way too lazy for 4.

20. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Last week I was thinking on a great deal with a strat and my girlfriend said it was the guitar or her! I just started laughing. Why they never understand?!?
    I met her in a band where she was a dancer and I was the guitar player. Now she quit dancing and I'm always in trouble when I buy new stuff...
    I have faith that one day she'll understand...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.