1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I can't be the first to want to wire this way...

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Prana25, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Prana25

Prana25 TDPRI Member

Hello,

(Preemptive apologies if I've stepped in it. I've never posted on a guitar forum so I don't know if it's heresy to chop up a tele the way I'm doing.)

I've never had anything to contribute, but as I'm modding one of my tele's, I find myself a bit stumped.

Long story short, I'm converting a J5 Custom (with the 12-string head stock) into a 90's tele plus. One of the things I loved about the J5 was the 2 volume controls and 3-way toggle like a LP. What I didn't like was, basically, everything else. So....

The body is off right now in the paint booth, new neck is on the wall waiting to be mated. Lace Sensor Blue and Red/Red are in the box waiting. I have two-250k volumes and 1-TBX tone. Again, this will have a 3-way toggle, just like a Les Paul.

What I can't seem to find for the life of me is a wiring diagram. I can find 2-volume, 1 tone (standard), but as I'm digging in, I see that the TBX is wired slightly different and I can't seem to make the connection in my head as to how the TBX fits in with 2 volumes.

I'm great at soldering, so doing the work isn't my issue. This is just my first re-wire so I haven't wrapped my head 'round the specifics on the connections. If anyone could give some direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, as an FYI, I'm not doing push/pull. I have split coil setup on my Les Paul and I've never used it. Don't see that I'd use it here either.

Thanks for any help!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.