I can t seem to pour my heart out

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by johnny k, Oct 12, 2019.

1. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Gentlemen, that was intereting.
    The problem is i can't play the blues, and i can't play the blues like people who can't play the blues !

2. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic

This is the answer.
    Write a song about how miserable you feel being unable to write a blues song, because your life is so happy and devoid of troubles and angst.

3. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Holic

next assignment get the Peter, Paul and Mary complete song book.
    Happy songs both up and down, learn all the happy songs first "If I had a hammer" has lots of room for emoting heart felt stuff.
    Call me in a couple of years for your next assignment, let others teach you while you sign along with their records

Oh! try this too.

4. Toast

Toast Tele-Holic

johnny k likes this.
  5. Toast

Toast Tele-Holic

Duplicate

6. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

You can always write instrumentals. That's what I do.

Sad things will happen in your life even if you're happy. I wrote a song about my Dad after he died. I can't really sing it without
    choking up as I do it.

Songs that connect say something true about the human condition. One of the beautiful and scary things about life is that
    it takes twists and turns that we know are coming, aren't really prepared for, but must survive nonetheless.

Men in most cultures are encouraged to be stoic even as boys. We are taught to bottle up our emotions, which turns out to be very
    unhealthy. Hence higher rates of suicide in men, and higher rates of violence. We don't know what to do with our bottled up feelings.
    There is increasing recognition of this problem, and there is new guidance on how to raise a boy so he embraces his emotions-- all of them--
    and learns how to express them effectively so they don't drag him down into the blues. I firmly believe one reason why country music has so
    many songs about drinking and heartache is because the cowboy culture in particular teaches boys to never cry, to never show feelings.

This could be one reason why you have a hard time pouring your heart out. Many men report that they have a hard time actually knowing what
    they are feeling-- that they are kind of numb inside. I went through this after my divorce. I learned that I bottled up my anger and turned it into
    depression. I now do a somewhat better job of being aware of, accepting, and managing my emotions. Just in time, too, because I have a son and
    I want him to grow up without inner demons. So far, so good.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cage match! Cage match!

8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Yep. Masculinity is now considered "toxic" o_O

9. chris m.

It is possible to be masculine while still being able to feel and properly express emotions. Just MHO but I am willing to get in the cage
    to back it up!! ;-)

ping-ping-clicka and blowtorch like this.
  10. chris m.

For folks across the pond who think they haven't had the right experience, you might have:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.