I can’t praise my Tonemaster enough

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
This is just wrong everyone is agreeing with you. Where are the tubes or nothing people? The folks who say I know it isn’t tubes and therefore think I might perceive a difference?
I made popcorn to read the gnashing of teeth on this thread and nothing. LOL

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
This is just wrong everyone is agreeing with you. Where are the tubes or nothing people? The folks who say I know it isn’t tubes and therefore think I might perceive a difference?
I made popcorn to read the gnashing of teeth on this thread and nothing. LOL

You're in the wrong thread, here you go :)

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
Eddie just reminded me about something REALLY IMPORTANT that DK told me very early on and it relates to some people saying when they auditioned the Tone Masters in stores they lacked "testicular fortitude..."
Y'all had them attenuators peaked.
But - were the microphone outs on the back panel neutralized?????
Store workers might be leaving them engaged so they can communicate on the phone - SO - You may have been playing in "silent stage mode..." and not even realized it.

Vocalion

Tele-Meister
And bravo to you for not removing the Tone Master badge from the front of the amp. There is absolutely no shame in playing a Tone Master rather than its tune counterpart.

TelecasterSam

Tele-Afflicted
I tried the TM Deluxe at Sweetwater. I liked the amp, but I do think it's too expensive for an amp made in China. I'm tight.

3-Chord-Genius

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't think Tone Master amps themselves are divisive, it is the age old "analog" vs "digital" debate. :rolleyes:
There's also the "a solid state amp shouldn't cost more than a tube amp" crap. A good product will cost more. The Tonemaster is a good solid state amp. A Vox Night Train NT-15 is not a good tube amp. I'd pay more for a great solid state amp than a low-end tube amp.

2804Penn

TDPRI Member
Love my TMDR! I picked one up on a whim about 6 months ago, gigged it once and have never looked back.

In addition to being light, I love-

-The tone is consistent regardless if it’s 95 deg outside with no tent
-I don’t have to worry about losing a tube
-The footswitch has LED’s, so I don’t have to wonder “did I turn the tremolo off” before starting the next tune
-I don’t have to carry around a SM57 anymore due to the line out, and output is adjustable by me if needed
-The attenuator for practicing at home

Cam

Friend of Leo's
"And bravo to you for not removing the Tone Master badge from the front of the amp. There is absolutely no shame in playing a Tone Master rather than its tube counterpart."
Well said Vocalion. Although, for a lark, I might might be inclined to remove it just to mess with "tube snobs" that might comment on how the tubes sound good.
I have tube and ss amps. There isn't a better factor, just a different factor to my ears. I hope to try a tone master some time.

Last edited: