I can’t praise my Tonemaster enough

Chicago Slim

Tele-Afflicted
I'm also very happy with my TMDR. I did replace the speaker, with an Eminence Lil' Texas, that I've used in my tube amps, for years. I've used neodymium speakers for my PA and monitors, for over 15 years.

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Happy to read that the OP is loving the TMTR. I've got the Blonde TMTR and can't praise it enough. Love it!

As far as Quilters, I've had a MicroPro Mach II head for about 5 years now. I wrestled with it. I wanted to really love it, but ultimately, didn't.

The TMTR instantly sounded great to me. I think Fender knocked it out of the park with these TM amps.

Richie Cunningham

Tele-Afflicted
Glad the OP likes the TMTR. I just got my mine. I am not very experienced with Fender ‘60s-style tube amps, but I love what this amp does. So I’m not comparing it to a ‘65 reissue or an original; I’m comparing it to a Mustang LT25, a Champion 100 XL, a Hot Rod Deluxe III. It is clearly in a different class from those amps. It is good enough that I play through it instead of wishing it sounded better, which is something I sorely need if I am ever going to progress as a player.

Last edited:

Mr Perch

Tele-Afflicted
Glad the OP likes the TMTR. I just got my mIne. I am not very experienced with Fender ‘60s-style tube amps, but I love what this amp does. So I’m not comparing it to a ‘65 reissue or an original; I’m comparing it to a Mustang LT25, a Champion 100 XL, a Hot Rod Deluxe III. It is clearly in a different class from those amps. It is good enough that I play through it instead of wishing it sounded better, which is something I sorely need if I am ever going to progress as a player.

I have a Mustang LT50 and I like it so much that I sold all my other stuff, both my prestigious tube amp and my pedalboard. I use it for both home and gigs, it's tiny and weightless but loud, even outdoors. The fact that I am playing a hollow body guitar may be a factor -- for some reason it sounded a bit soggy to me using overdriven tubes. Through this amp it sounds both ballsy and crystal clear.

Richie Cunningham

Tele-Afflicted
I was helping a friend look for an amp in early 2020, and I thought the LT25 was the least expensive new amp that played like an amp and not a toy. I bought one for myself, though my friend ended up with a Blackstar Fly 3 and extension cabinet because he wanted something rechargeable. I’m really impressed with everything Fender packed into the LT25 for its size and price. The LT50 sounds like it would be a sweet spot between the 25 and a GTX.

I like Fender modeling amps a lot. I also have a Champion 100 XL, and an eye on a GTX100, which I have liked better than the Katanas in person.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I am now a few weeks into ownership of the TM Deluxe and still pleased with what it offers, but I am starting to dislike the reverb on it...seems like the decay is too long. I have been playing through the normal channel now with a touch of delay instead...like it better.

I haven't done any updates to the firmware so maybe that issue is correctable, but right now I am just not feeling love for the onboard reverb like I did at first.

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
I am now a few weeks into ownership of the TM Deluxe and still pleased with what it offers, but I am starting to dislike the reverb on it...seems like the decay is too long. I have been playing through the normal channel now with a touch of delay instead...like it better.

I haven't done any updates to the firmware so maybe that issue is correctable, but right now I am just not feeling love for the onboard reverb like I did at first.

The firmware update on the Reverb is a game changer. Makes the knob turn much more gradual. Before I couldn't go above 3, after the update, its usable almost to the end of the dial.

Recommend the bright cap cut as well

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm really happy to hear
1.) that your happy with your amp amen!
2.) that maybe the current version of Fender inc. got it really right and....
they won't change or discontinue an amp of quality .
Every bodies gonna jump up and down if the series of amps is really what it's supposed to be.