I call my new guitar the tele killer...

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I had a double neck six string/bass in the sixties. Weighed a ton, but it was an audience favorite LOL.

My bluegrass bass buddy ( though he now plays only electrics- no more upright) has owned some amazing vintage '60's basses

He had this one for a while but the Turkey sold it! ( he has had issues and going for really short-scale now...)
* this IS short scale on bass, but maybe too heavy for Bob, but it is bad*ss!
DCP_0030.JPG

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
I have owned a Danelectro most of my life. I had an original single pickup copper dc and a reissue 59 NOS with dual pickups. Initially, players were attracted to them because of their low cost and their tone and playability. They are also unique in their construction materials as the inventor was thinking outside the box. However, one thing I would not describe them as is "Tele Killer'. I never associated them in the same category as a Telecaster and if anything, they have their own category. There are many Danelectro enthusiasts who may have never owned a Telecaster in their life.

Ricky D.

Doctor of Teleocity
My bluegrass bass buddy ( though he now plays only electrics- no more upright) has owned some amazing vintage '60's basses

He had this one for a while but the Turkey sold it! ( he has had issues and going for really short-scale now...)
* this IS short scale on bass, but maybe too heavy for Bob, but it is bad*ss!
View attachment 869088

That’s the one! Weighs a ton.

Ricky D.

Doctor of Teleocity
Between the weight and the width, it was not a guitar I would hold for more than one song. Very uncomfortable. Which was a shame.

papa32203

Tele-Afflicted
even though this dano is made out of cardboard it's one hell of a sweet guitar. it's pretty much everything I would want in a guitar, light as a feather thin with a thin neck, gosh I love it, and that sound man wow. setup was atrocious out of the box but now the action is extremely low which is hard to achieve on a lot of guitars, and low is where I like it. it's not without tiny issues though, like a couple of off centre fret dot markers and a bit of cream dust particles in the brown binding but I forgive it, and I can't say it's worth that much money. sorry tele but this is the best guitar I have owned in my 30 years of playing, of course you both do different things but the chime of these 50's lipsticks man is hard to beat. after being unable to write music recently due to life we are all having to live at the moment and being a new parent, blah blah life story no thanks! I have now made two complete tracks, this guitar is truly inspiring, it's not even the music I would normally make but the chime is turning me indie pop? I love it! please clap your ear lugs around the tunes if you want - - View attachment 868982

Great tunes!
"Choose carefully my words" -got a bit of Steven Wilson in ya' on that one- production, atmosphere, drive.
"Elliot" reminds me of a lot of the music I loved back in the late 80's: Chameleons-->The Sun and The Moon, Echo and the Bunnymen, Cocteau Twins
Awesome work.

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
I'll be upgrading the bridge very soon no doubt this thing will sag over time. I just bought this, mounts directly to the body which I'm sure will make an improvement.
zj8kbknz35v4bw3ecdlt.jpg

Really top level recordings there, @ben smith . Respect! Great drum tracks on both. The first song reminds me of Pete Yorn, and I mean that as high praise.
why shucks thank! I guess I'm really inspired by this guitar? I can't put it down or stop looking at it, it's even fun to play unplugged. thanks for your kind words sir.

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
Great tunes!
"Choose carefully my words" -got a bit of Steven Wilson in ya' on that one- production, atmosphere, drive.
"Elliot" reminds me of a lot of the music I loved back in the late 80's: Chameleons-->The Sun and The Moon, Echo and the Bunnymen, Cocteau Twins
Awesome work.
wow! Cocteau Twins are my favourite band if I had to choose one, i love that era of music but don't set out to sound like it I guess it just happens subconsciously, my bloody valentine are great too. thanks very much sir.

ElJay370

Tele-Afflicted
I played a real vintage one years ago. It was played hard it's whole life and was in the process of disintegrating, but the pickups had the voices of angels inside of them.

Last edited: