I bought my first USA Gibson...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by BorderRadio, Jul 16, 2019.

1. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

IIRC, there was something with the neck/string height adjustment. FenderGryl talked about it here.

EDIT: Reading a little further, it seems like they were hit or miss, some good, some not so much. Maybe you got one of the good ones, BR. And for the price, you really can't beat it.

- D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Silver Supporter

That is a great deal. The only flaw in there is the bridge which can be rectified easily with a Wilkinson. It'll sit flatter and lower your action a tad more. I have 3 Mll's which are the same guitar only in a LP shape. The hate on those guitars really is ridiculous. MIA guitar with a poplar body, quartersawn maple set neck, nitro finish. If you didn't know the pickups were imports you'd love them.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=202632133681

3. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Tele-Afflicted

I love mine!

I think that some people had them delivered with the bridge screwed down as far as it could go, and then were worried that at some point they wouldn't be adjustable.

I also recall a lot of complaints about the bridge tilting, in the studs, which it seems like many of the vintage wraptails I see do as well.

Then, as I recall, there was a lot of, "you could get ..blah epiphone for the same price" , ,and a lot of "this (item of some sort that somebody happens to have already purchased) blows that (item of the firebird zero sort the somebody played at the guitar shop for a couple of minutes) away for about the same price".

I loved the fact that Gibson made a 'melody maker like' line for a year, in cool colors, for a reasonable price, and I had to have one personally.

have fun with your Firebird!

guitarbuilder likes this.
  4. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic

Great score bro, I have two I thought I got great deals on, not even close to yours. They are awesome guitars!

5. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Meister

nice looking guitar!

6. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

If it were me, I'd be thinking gold foils. There are some humbucker-size units out there. Plus, the gold would look super cool against that blue.

7. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Good idea. Reminds me, there is a blue Supro Westbury that I’ve had my eye on, and the neck is really really nice...

8. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Meister

I think it looks cool. I remember hearing these had built in effects or something...

9. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Silver Supporter

6String69 likes this.
  10. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Holic

It might just be the angle of the camera, but the frets seem a bit off and the finish seems pretty worn for new.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

BorderRadio likes this.
  11. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Holic

12. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I'd be all over one for a c-note.
    I've seen several with cleanly detached necks and there was paint in the neck pockets.
    I wonder if/when they cleared that up.

13. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

Congratulations!

I loved the artist rendition when I first saw it but after seeing the real guitar I appreciate it even more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.