I bought a bag of Apples that don't taste good...eat them or throw them away?

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
So I bought a bag of Gala Apples at a different grocery from my usual grocery. They looked good and were a little less expensive, but...they don't taste good. The bag had 10 apples, and I've eaten 3 of them but they just don't have a good flavor. I just finished a bag from my main grocery and they were delicious. So, should I finish the bag even though they don't taste good or buy a new bag from my main grocery? I guess the main question is...do you eat something that's probably still nutritious even if it tastes bad?

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
So I bought a bag of Gala Apples at a different grocery from my usual grocery. They looked good and were a little less expensive, but...they don't taste good. The bag had 10 apples, and I've eaten 3 of them but they just don't have a good flavor. I just finished a bag from my main grocery and they were delicious. So, should I finish the bag even though they don't taste good or buy a new bag from my main grocery? I guess the main question is...do you eat something that's probably still nutritious even if it tastes bad?
Applesauce, pie, hard cider: the classic response to apples that don't taste good on their own

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Personally i toss em when they aren't good. It's one reason i don't buy eat nearly enough fruit. Seems like i find at least 1/3 usually more like 1/2 of the fruit i buy is unappetizing, often to a serious degree. Apples especially. Can't starnd eating ones that aren't good and i always seem to get tasteless and/or soggy ones. Produce these days is [email protected] and has become way too expensive, especially when 1/3 ro 1/2 of what i buy gets tossed.

Powdog

Tele-Holic
This is a kale smoothie. My wife drinks them and they’re as disgusting as they look. Im sure they’re nutritious but I pour my smoothies out of a beer can.

No don’t eat them. Life is too short to eat bad apples. Chuck ‘em and get a new bag.
1669852093424.jpeg