I ate a plate of Nashville Hot Chicken,heartburn is killing me

Greg70

Tele-Holic
Hello, you've reached the office of Doctor Givens, listen carefully to our menu selections 1 thru 457. Please be advised under no circumstances will you be allowed to speak with a live human being. We offer by appointment 513 vaccine injections for various maladies ranging from sore feet to treating your long overdue facial ugliness. If you only require simple countenance control, please feel free to place an order with our associate Amazon who is running a special on Depends this whole week.
You forgot "if this is a medical emergency please hang up and dial 911". Um, the reason I'm calling you is to find out if it IS a medical emergency!

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
they make this stuff so hot, the stuff has to be served on white bowls with no patterns on the porcelain😜 or the colors of the patterns will come off in the food😫😵‍💫😵

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
PSA related to heartburn and GERD: Many years ago I started getting food stuck halfway down my esophagus. Usually, it would go down if I stood up and walked a few steps. Turns out, I had reflux and didn't know it because I never had heartburn. My body reacted to the stomach acid by forming a constriction in my esophagus that helped prevent acid from coming up, but also trapped food going down. I had a dilation procedure (think endoscope with a little water balloon that expands to stretch the stricture), and I had to have it done every 2 years for a decade. Finally I started taking Prilosec every morning, and I haven't had a problem since . . . whether daily use of Prilosec leads to osteoporosis remains to be seen.

stratisfied

Tele-Afflicted
When I'm hungry, the last thing I think of is "I'm gonna' get me something that hurts when I eat it and leave me sick for days." I honestly don't get it.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I found out just today that carbonated drinks can help heartburn. I went with ginger ale and it worked like a charm!

Some people find relief by using ginger. It can relieve heartburn, but more often settles a flippy stomach.

Back when I was fishing a lot, I always had ginger snaps (cookies) aboard the the boat for those folks that started feeling queasy due to motion sickness. A few cookies and a little water usually set them right.

If you want to try this, anything that contains real ginger will do it. Obviously, the more ginger the better. Many Asian markets sell ginger candy that's made from dried ginger and that's the best...but it can be pretty strong tasting and some people can't handle it. Ginger snaps or any other food that contains actual ginger is more palatable.