I applaud all of you pickup experts here.

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Obsessed, May 21, 2018.

1. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Yup. Even contrarian opinions can open up healthy discussions when exchanging ideas. The collective in this forum about music is chock full of creative people that bring ideas from completely different perspectives and worldwide perspectives. We all use pickups, yet there are an infinite number of combinations that can fullfill each player's desires in a different way and different genres on different guitars into different amps.

2. Antigua Tele

Antigua Tele Friend of Leo's

Why shouldn't opinions be threatened? That's a lot different than saying people shouldn't be threatened for expressing a particular opinion. Ideas should be challenged, it leads to growth.

3. Obsessed

I think @preactor means by "no threats on opinions", is no personal threats. Whereas you are talking about challenging opinions. Both of you are coming from the same perspective that I have. We can suggest counter opinions in a safe environment with a well moderated forum stopping personal attacks. The diligent work from the moderators keep the harmful arguing to a minimum.

preactor likes this.
  4. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Glad you're here, too! The archives can be extremely helpful for those seeking answers.

The TDPRI archives contain a treasure trove of info. Forumites that try for answers by starting one thread can easily shoot themselves in the foot in terms of relatively few responses. I've often read for hours of on a specific topic (example: AlNico pickup magnet types) by searching the archives.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Obsessed likes this.
  5. CFFF

CFFF Tele-Holic

I too have benefitted from this forum. I was searching for something not directly related on the internet and found myself reading @Antigua Tele s analysis of the Donlis double cream humbuckers. Found it interesting and took a chance to buy a set. I havé bought about five sets now and impressed with them all. Including my tele set. Only really registreed on here to thank him but I do follow this forum regularly now and enjoy to read much of the content by everyone. Nice friendly place.

Obsessed likes this.
  6. yellowbeard

yellowbeard Tele-Holic

True, as long as nobody mentions David Allen pickups.

7. LtKojak

LtKojak Tele-Meister

Or Tone Specific p'ups.

Zepfan likes this.
  8. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

Is there controversy with TS pickups?

9. LtKojak

LtKojak Tele-Meister

yellowbeard likes this.
  10. Obsessed

Oh oh, I didn't think that my thread was going to end up like this. I was just saying thank you to all experiences pickup people that help us tone seekers throughout the years.

CFFF likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.