I am suspecting that I have a low tolerance for hype?

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep- I've never been an 'early adopter', either......

and sometimes, even great, timeless art, can be obscured- and appear repellent- due to the ways in which it's marketed.

I think I was 14 or 15, before I could summon the confidence to tell my high school friends, that I disliked this year's hot band- Uriah Heep- and preferred my Mum's favourites....Glenn Miller, or my Dad's.....Django. A traitor, to youth culture! :lol:

Velocette-Venom-19819.jpg

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't understand everything that @ping-ping-clicka writes, but I always look forward to hearing his thoughts. Keep 'em coming!
Thank You for your support my brother.
when I first started hanging out I could not really put a sentence together (chemobrain ) . now I articulate enough to get suspended for a month at a time , by the way that's supposed to be a joke HA-HA-HA-HA, but I forget that I've been informed that I'm not funny , another joke, Haaaaa Ha-Ha🤐

I bring my SECRET DECODER : dyslexia with me every time that I post.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep- I've never been an 'early adopter', either......

and sometimes, even great, timeless art, can be obscured- and appear repellent- due to the ways in which it's marketed.

I think I was 14 or 15, before I could summon the confidence to tell my high school friends, that I disliked this year's hot band- Uriah Heep- and preferred my Mum's favourites....Glenn Miller, or my Dad's.....Django. A traitor, to youth culture! :lol:

View attachment 970625
very very tasty and they come in the color that goes with everything.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Just don't let it get in the way of buying some of the exclusive and super-awesome stuff that's out there.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
If you realize flying in a bomber and being shot at over enemy territory is crazy then you aren’t crazy and they can order you to do it.
If you don’t realize it is crazy then you are crazy and they won’t stop you from going on a bombing mission.
Either way you go on the bombing mission. Catch 22.
It has been since my middle teens when I read that book. It kind of sticks with you.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't understand everything that @ping-ping-clicka writes, but I always look forward to hearing his thoughts. Keep 'em coming!
once I had learned about Antonin Artaud, and his Theater of Cruelty, and Eugène Ionesco, Theater of the Absurd I was freed from the monotheistic brutality of MAKING SENSE and the imposition of "Logic on the Written Word" .
William S Burroughs and Kevin Gyson with their proofs of the validity of CUT UPS through the doing of such, via cheap drugstore tape recorders in the left bank lodging house at 9 rue Gît-le-Coeur come to be known as the Beat Hotel.
All things considered, the passage of time, non-linear dyslexic formulation, i.e. the gathering and storing of information and intuitive collation into conceptual packets of self expression.
(YEAH, he really does think that what he is thinking is the most interesting thing at any given moment.)
CHEMOBRAIN  sm.jpg

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
If you realize flying in a bomber and being shot at over enemy territory is crazy then you aren’t crazy and they can order you to do it.
If you don’t realize it is crazy then you are crazy and they won’t stop you from going on a bombing mission.
Either way you go on the bombing mission. Catch 22.
It has been since my middle teens when I read that book. It kind of sticks with you.
Much insightful analysis and pick-pick-pick has gone into Catch-22.
It is echoed by the statement made by Joint Command , "We had to Destroy the Village to Save it"
and the eternally echoing statement, " That Statement is Now Inoperable.".
Insanity seems to be a airborne pathogen that travels while mutating from generation to generation.
Always arriving at the same outcome in various forms.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Gettin' deep in here. Roll up your pantlegs and get a shovel.

I'll just keep chillin' to EC's first self-titled album (the one with the Bramletts and those folks from Tulsa).
I too am tired of the hype with which EVERYTHING gets sold these days.
Music without talent and featuring way too much digital production.
Maybe I'll put Bonnie Raitt's "Sweet Forgiveness" on next.
Gotta love a bass player with a name like "Freebo."

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Ya'll just don't know how to speak Ping. It took me a while but once I figured out that, in reality, all I needed to do was pay closer attention. Like when I occasionally walk through the whirly gum drops that seemingly drip, off the trees, the lonely tree that was once part of the great spectrum in the afterlife, now uprooted due to the garbage left behind by those who took it with them when they passed over, cause they didn't recycle, and the entire conundrum is simply brushed aside by Bowie, tirelessly doing his best to make some notable sense of the chaos of the Cosmos and the inevitable sensations that come from being part of the particle that surrounds us.

I digress ;)

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Being a hardcore cynic, I approach hype with heavy doses of skepticism.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong. Many people would say probably.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
View attachment 976077
Still life with nose. Unrelated, but that’s what I’m going with until I can read the thread.
I can always rely on you to put things in perspective. I used to worry that I actually understand most of your and Ping Ping's post, but I realize, it's just like being left handed ain't a lot to be done for it! ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Ya'll just don't know how to speak Ping. It took me a while but once I figured out that, in reality, all I needed to do was pay closer attention. Like when I occasionally walk through the whirly gum drops that seemingly drip, off the trees, the lonely tree that was once part of the great spectrum in the afterlife, now uprooted due to the garbage left behind by those who took it with them when they passed over, cause they didn't recycle, and the entire conundrum is simply brushed aside by Bowie, tirelessly doing his best to make some notable sense of the chaos of the Cosmos and the inevitable sensations that come from being part of the particle that surrounds us.

I digress ;)
Another successful student of the ancient order of Ping Ping 1955 speak!