1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I am liking my Stratocaster more and more

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, Jan 24, 2021.

1. pippoman

pippoman Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

That’s me, 4 Teles and one Strat. Obviously I prefer Teles but I have to have a Strat for certain cover songs. At gigs or rehearsals, I’ll look at the set list to see which set requires Mr. Stratocaster. If Bittersweet and Wicked Games are in the same set, definitely a Strat set. Really, a Strat is more versatile and I’ve played only a Strat for a whole gig. Lazy I guess. But it if came down to just one, I’d keep a Tele.

2. Jbnaxx

Jbnaxx Tele-Meister

I have one Strat and 3 Teles..... I can't hardly choose. The Strat can give so many different tones with three pickups.... Teles just have a mojo about them. When I did my Partscaster, I melted them together a little bit..... belly and arm cuts and a Strat neck pickup. It's really sweet.

F94D84A1-2488-46C1-AFA1-B7455CDDBDF9.jpg

3. Telebra

Telebra Tele-Meister

You'll never 'put down' a Tele. But I can see putting a bullet in a Strat, sometimes they 'just needed killing'.

Mission6_OG likes this.
  4. Mission6_OG

Mission6_OG Tele-Meister

LMAO! I love my strat! But still can’t wait for my Tele. Right now I have 2 acoustics and my strat. All 3 get played every day.

5. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Holic

For me when I'm practicing on the couch I prefer to play my strats. Then when I plug them in I'm not as enthused. LOL. I'm kind of determined to fix that.

But to be honest, I keep just wanting to find a humbucker or P90 equipped guitar I like. I feel like I would just like the sounds better. Well, maybe moreso a P90 equipped guitar. I don't even care what brand it is. As long as I like the way it looks and plays and sounds. That's a tall order though. LOL.

6. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Holic

Leo certainly got the body of the strat right. There is nothing that is as comfortable. Amazing when you compare it to the guitars that existed when the strat was designed (tele and LP).

I am not a fan of the three single coils, but I'm a single pickup guy. I think that Eddie got it right when he chiseled a single humbucker into a strat body. ;)

FortyEight likes this.
  7. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Friend of Leo's

My first decent electric, many years ago, was a Strat. All I played for ages were Strats.

I have one now, a modded '97 YN model, mainly because I feel like I should. I'll try it now and then but even with its upgraded pups etc it doesn't seem to hold my attention for long. Shame cos I'd like to like it more.

Possibly if I gave it more time or stopped trying to make it sound like a Tele things might improve.

FortyEight likes this.
  8. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I've had Strats with every pickup combo you can think of and I always keep a couple around. I may move to something else for awhile, but I always come back now and then.

Don't get stuck on one type of guitar, have a few different types and enjoy them all.

9. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

I have a 2011 CS Strat. I've also had a 52 Hod Rod Tele (also 2011), and I have a 2019 CS 60th Anniversary R9.

I sold the Tele as the Strat just got played more, and I love the three colour sunburst finish on it. Between it and the LP, they get pretty even time.

The Strat has more importance in my life. For years, I had a recurring dream that I was standing on a stage, playing to a huge crowd, with a 3 colour sunburst Strat. When my 50th B-Day rolled around, my wife kept pestering me for what I wanted, what I wanted to do, etc. I had not given any thought to it. Finally, I said, "Okay, I've had this recurring dream.....so if you want to get me something, that is it.".

At that point in my life, I knew nothing about electric guitars. I had a mediocre Sigma D35 that I bought in 1980. She told me I needed to go out and pick something and show it to her as she was lost on this one. I went to a local music store that I was very familiar with, as I've played harmonica since I was a kid, and bought all my harps at the same store. I went in with the intention of picking out something that was made in the USA. I was knowledgeable enough at the time to know that they could be made in many different countries.

I picked out a three colour sunburst American Deluxe, not knowing what I was doing. It turned out that the neck was faulty, so it had to go back. I then noticed how poorly matched the body pieces were, and I hated the "noiseless PU's. I sold it, and used the money to buy the 2011 CS Deluxe that I have now. It was a dream that inspired all of this foray into the electrical side. As a player, I'm not worthy of any of it, really. But, I have a great time with it. Oh, and I have not had the dream since she bought it for me, 11 years ago.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.