1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I am liking my Stratocaster more and more

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, Jan 24, 2021.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

Never thought I would go back a Stratocaster, and I bought this 1954 AVRI to flip, since I had a great Broadcaster. But it was the Broadcaster that I sold.

The Stratocaster had a great neck and just felt right. And it sounds great! To me the telecaster is the best looking guitar period.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. srblue5

srblue5 Tele-Meister

Nice one! A good Strat is a very special thing indeed.

I foolishly sold an AVRI ‘57 Strat years ago and never found another like it. Maybe someday I’ll be in your shoes if I find another special AVRI Strat.

3. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Ha!

It happens

I’m partial to my strats, sometimes it’s hard to choose a tele over the strat

4. LPTyler

LPTyler Tele-Meister

I love a good strat. They are super comfortable and the neck tone is amazing. How about a pic of yours?

Guitardvark likes this.
  5. teleplayer99

Mine is just the old 2 tone sunburst...nothing to look at. Except it just happens to my favorite color scheme. This 1954 AVRI Stratocaster has a large neck and the 7.25 radius. Not for everyone, but this is all about me. Had expensive health problems in December, but I am still picking...very lucky guy! Had lots of equipment to sell...what a great hobby. Play them then raise money when needed. Bought used Vox AC10C1 and it sounds great. But I am full of it...one day a blackguard telecaster will live at my house.

tintag27 and Chiogtr4x like this.
  6. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

I go back and forth every few weeks.

7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

I love the 2-Sunburst Stratocaster with a fat maple neck.

I bought a new Jimmie Vaughan Strat with that finish color/Fat V neck in '98
    ( the first year for the model), and even though it was a cheaper, poplar body ( vs. the original '50's ash) it was a fantastic player, and looked great too.

Sadly stolen, around 2000,
    but I still have my '97 Tex-Mex (the Strat I bought a year earlier) and many years now, my #1, is a great player. Pickups and hardware replaced over the years, and a new neck last year.

A Stratocaster is magic- you can do anything with one!
    20200420_151903.jpg

Maguchi, moosie, ricardo1912 and 3 others like this.
  8. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

You are hereby banished.

BANISHED I TELL YOU!!

Leave with nothing but a pack mule and your eternal shame.

9. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

" Good evening sir, please leave."

(host to Homer Simpson, walking into a new restaurant)

10. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Weird how this works. Probably some explanation in the wrinkles of time and smirks of synapses.

I've been making the rounds again. I was playing my Jazzmaster almost exclusively for months. But, in straightening the house a few days ago, that incredibly useful thing's absolute ugliness made me actually shudder.

I picked up my rattiest, most beat-up Tele and had glorious, rugby-teeth-spitting fun. Nothing like it.

Woke up the next morning with an urge for loud growl and howl with my Les Paul. My ears were ringing by bedtime, and it was great.

Had a dream last night that I was carrying a Strat across campus. When I finally could sit down to play it, a grove of swaying willows was above us, and somehow-tolerable hipsters were baking bread nearby. So as soon as I'm done with work today, Strat it is. Unless my mood changes again in the meantime.

I don't want a pill to stop such craziness. I just want more liftetimes to keep playing guitars.

Cheers!

Martinoils, Rockdog, jman72 and 6 others like this.
  11. teleplayer99

Nice one Chiogtr4x! It was unreal how much equipment that I had. And was not getting used. One amp and one guitar and I am good to go. My favorite Mexican guitar was a Robert Cray. I firmly believe that the quality of equipment is directly related to how the crafter's day is going.

FortyEight likes this.
  12. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Sometimes I just struggle with me Tele; it feels dead, frets buzz, I cannot get a good sound out of it. I will pick up my Strat for a bit, and think "This is a nice guitar." Then I pick up my Tele and all is well again.

I like my Strat. I like my Tele better. Sometimes I need my Strat as a "reset button" when I get sloppy or in a rut. They both just work.

Nahtabot, studio, Maguchi and 5 others like this.
  13. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Meister

I have a Squier Affinity Strat I paid $169.99 for in 1995. It plays well and sounds good. Doesn't change intonation from chord to chord.

But as I have posted elsewhere, there is a G & L ASAT I would love to have. Hey, it's a Tele-style guitar designed by Leo Fender himself!

tintag27 likes this.
  14. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

I was a Strat-man for the first 15+ years of my playing “career”...they’re great instruments—comfortable, flexible and stylish, down to this day...

Plus, the sound is spectacular, from Buddy Holly to Hank Marvin to Jimi Hendrix to Eric Clapton to David Gilmore to Stevie Ray & Jimmie Vaughan to...

That many disparate players, most of which don’t sound or play alike, shows how versatile the guitar is...

I still play my Stratocaster regularly, and I don’t think I will ever quit.

15. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I've recently found the same thing. I still reach first for my one remaining Tele because of familiarity but I prefer the sounds and playability of either of my Stratocasters. The Telecaster is still my favorite body style. They are just cool. Strats are too common.

16. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

No need to justify. Just enjoy!

17. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I like my black on black MIM strat and HAD to have it before becoming a Tele lover. I play the Strat once in a while out of obligation or if I want to record position 2 or 4, but I might be tempted to sell it...but my step daughter adores it and wants to scoop it up when I’m gone. And no, she doesn’t play guitar. She collects stuff.

18. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

We all make mistakes, it's ok!

Kelleycaster, tintag27 and Sconnie like this.
  19. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

Yep, a great Strat that one bonds with can bring great happiness. Nothing sounds like the 2&4 positions on a Strat.

RodeoTex, hnryclay, Maguchi and 2 others like this.
  20. arlum

arlum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I own one Stratocaster, (an EJ), and three boutique T types. None of the Tele types are as comfortable as the Strat, but, what can I say. Three to one. My preference is obvious. I prefer the Telecaster body shape for any solid body application. I've got one that's pure vintage with the ashtray and 3 saddle bridge, etc. One that's set up like a Nashville Tele with a Strat single coil in the middle position and one that's basically a Les Paul in disguise. Maple / mohogany body, two humbuckers, etc. I've never owned a semi-hollow or hollow bodied Telecaster. I'm partial to Gibson, Rickenbacker or Gretsch for this body type. But ..... When it comes to a solid body electric guitar the Telecaster body shape will always be my personal #1 !!!.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.