I always thought it was smart of me

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
some times you have a brilliant Idea, and for all intents and purpose it works for you.
Ms 24 and I have been together for about 43 years, I have known her for longer than I haven't, and we still mess with each other every day to get a chuckle .We got married because in the 1984 in Canada you had to be married to adopt( of course in 1984 after we got married they changed the law), but the deed was done, and it made little or no difference to us at all.

So in my infinite wisdom I decided we would get married on Nov 10,1984 38 years ago today for 2 reasons
1) November 10th is the day before Remembrance Day in Canada and the !!th would always be a stat holiday so if we got silly the night before we could recoup.
2) seeing how it was Remembrance Day If I ever forgot , I should be drawn and quartered, quite rightly.

Conversely we were on the adoption list for 14 years then one Wednesday in June of 94' we got the most increadable gift a 1 day old baby girl, there has been no looking back

I just thought I would share this with you

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
some times you have a brilliant Idea, and for all intents and purpose it works for you.
Ms 24 and I have been together for about 43 years, I have known her for longer than I haven't, and we still mess with each other every day to get a chuckle .We got married because in the 1984 in Canada you had to be married to adopt( of course in 1984 after we got married they changed the law), but the deed was done, and it made little or no difference to us at all.

So in my infinite wisdom I decided we would get married on Nov 10,1984 38 years ago today for 2 reasons
1) November 10th is the day before Remembrance Day in Canada and the !!th would always be a stat holiday so if we got silly the night before we could recoup.
2) seeing how it was Remembrance Day If I ever forgot , I should be drawn and quartered, quite rightly.

Conversely we were on the adoption list for 14 years then one Wednesday in June of 94' we got the most increadable gift a 1 day old baby girl, there has been no looking back

Smart indeed!
Congratulations!

ahiddentableau

Tele-Afflicted

Pretty smart cookie. Let tradition do some of the heavy lifting.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

Some guys might feel bitter and resentful for being "trapped" into marriage by that adoption requirement......and wouldn't blame you for calling it quits after ONLY 43 years......but I'm glad you two are dealing with it OK.....;)
BTW, congratulations on the 38 years together. And congrats on the "baby" girl.....now about 28? ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Some guys might feel bitter and resentful for being "trapped" into marriage by that adoption requirement......and wouldn't blame you for calling it quits after ONLY 43 years......but I'm glad you two are dealing with it OK.....;)
BTW, congratulations on the 38 years together. And congrats on the "baby" girl.....now about 28? ;)
yup, actually 26, and has adopted our sense of humor ,Heaven forbid , very cool kid by all means and she has a clear resemblance to Ms 24

as for the dealing with everyday calamities there is nothing we could not surmount , believe me we have been through the wringer an so many occaions and together we came out the other end stronger
besides what guy can aquire all the gear I have and the only comment was "Why do you need 23 guitars?" LOL

Last edited:

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I agree it was a great idea! Congrats to you and Mrs 24!! Wishing you many more years together.

Have fun!
I'm afraid I'm a lifer made that clear from the start , I was only going to do this once , so I was going to do it right , no games pure honesty and it worked

blue metalflake

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Congratulations. We too entered the adoption route about 15 years in - our daughter in now 20.
An amazing gift. So mesmerising to see traits which are clearly from our influence, along with others which are clearly genetic.

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
There's a new edition of " All Quiet on the Western Front" showing one German soldier's perspective and Armistice Day. Nobody wins in such conflicts. Sad film- remember seeing it in History excursion in first year High School back in 1969. Netflix is showing the new edition ( Hollywood's not creative anymore nor prepared to back new stuff ).

Buckaroo65

Tele-Afflicted
Good idea with the holiday… better than my idea. I married a gal who is also prone to forget our anniversary, so it works out rather well.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
There's a new edition of " All Quiet on the Western Front" showing one German soldier's perspective and Armistice Day. Nobody wins in such conflicts. Sad film- remember seeing it in History excursion in first year High School back in 1969. Netflix is showing the new edition ( Hollywood's not creative anymore nor prepared to back new stuff ).
I cant imagine the horrors of war that generation and subsiquent generations have survived , we live by the blessings of the outcome , both my parents were vets I have the utmost respect for those that served , that part of me that I got from my parents was "Do not waste anything " attitude which was prevailent in our house hold when I grew up , it kills me to see planned redundancy, from the throw away attitudes , almost everything can be repurposed .but thats just me .

Fiesta Red

Doctor of Teleocity
Beautiful story…and yes, very smart of you—I got married the day before my birthday so I always remember the day and I always know exactly how long we’ve been married.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
This is a wonderful story. My grandparents were married 66 years, until death, and some people just have that.

To combine a couple of jokes I use onstage, one borrowed from humorist Dave Barry: I've been married twice that I know of, and for 23 years--just not all in a row.

My dad was married and divorced four times, I guess I take after him unfortunately.