I abhor cold weather.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Nov 30, 2018.

1. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

Love cold weather. Such a relief to be out of the heat. Where I live the cold season is too short and getting shorter.

People talk about retiring to Florida and I think “are you insane?” My window faces north

2. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

I am not nearly old enough to settle for those types of vacations yet... maybe when I'm close to death and have no other choices.

If I'm not out in the wilderness on my time off then I am not happy.

Cheers

Danocoustic and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

I realize that I am splitting hairs , but Florida is the Sunshine State . It may help if you would know where you are .

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

here the hot weather is a curse. Biggest drought in history and folks in Queensland NOT allowed to try to return home or they will be arrested in the interests of their safety.Summer Downunder can be beautiful if you can get o beach but a curse on the land.
    Also, try working outdoors where it's ell over 100 F.

5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

35 degrees here this morning and getting our first skiff of snow for the year. 58 degrees, TD? Heck fire that's running around nekkid weather.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I grew up with it sounds I don’t know anything else. I love to ski.

[​IMG]
    We will be scuba diving in Mexico over Christmas. I have to admit that smelling jungle at the end of December is a thrill. Earth and vedgitation; we don’t get any of those good smells when it’s frozen here.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

I don't mind cold weather. I detest cold and wet weather.

8. greenhornet

greenhornet TDPRI Member

WV gets a lot of bad press but the Autumns here are spetacular... But we went from what everyone agrees was one of the worst summer's ever, either raining or unusually, oppressively, humid to BAM straight into winter. One day it's a stifling 85 and two days later the heat is on... and hasn't been off since...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Temperature here hovering around 9C (48F in American) which is bang on the monthly average.
    Yesterday it actually stopped raining for a bit so we took one of the bikes for a blast. I love to ride all year but cold and wet is no fun.

Toto'sDad and notmyusualuserid like this.
  10. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Cold and wet and windy is the absolute worst. Although it makes getting back inside for a nice drink by a fire that much more appreciated.

Toto'sDad and notmyusualuserid like this.
  11. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Ditto on the cold and wet and windy. I don't have words for how much I detest that.

And it can happen in unlikely places. About 25 years ago I went on a family trip to the Keys (as opposed to my normal flats fishing expeditions). It was mid-March.

55 degrees, 25kt wind, rain in sheets. My dog didn't even want to go outside.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

California is also known as the “Sunshine State”. The beautiful state has many things to offer for families, couples, and singles. The top places that are visited in Southern California include many amusements and popular site seeing.
    Reference: www.123helpme.com/sunshine-state-california-preview.asp?id=307243

13. Toto'sDad

You didn't happen to see Obsessed out for his morning naked in the snow run did you? :lol:

14. Toto'sDad

I'm sorry, being from PA, how would you know anything about sunshine? :D:lol:

15. Toto'sDad

I'm not entirely sure age has anything to do with liking warm weather. I loved hitting the beach from the first time I was there at nine years of age. I lived at Santa Barbara for a short while, it was too expensive for me to live there then, but I have always wished I had toughed it out and made it work somehow because that place gets just the right amount of snow for me! :D

16. Toto'sDad

Say now, you just made me think, an island where I was King, and me and all of my subjects (comprised of mostly young good looking females) just run around necked every day cause the weather was so good we didn't need any clothes sounds pretty good to me.

String Tree likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

That's exactly how I feel about it!

18. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Your hairs certainly will split in FLA - I remember laughing out loud as I walked out of some craphole airport (the one closest to Punta Gorda) down there in July. The air is not a gas at that point of humidity . There’s a reason so many do the split schedule when they retire down there. Summer is a bummer down there.

I remember being in Mokelumne Hill CA on the day it hit 112° in ‘96. August. I mean , it was hot, but the beer was cold and the mine tours were happening (58° or something down there - talk about a coincidence TD !) so we did that a couple times - and then drank more beer !

I think the humidity was 12% or something ?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

27C and only @45% humidity at 7AM here......second day of summer.... probably be over 35 after lunch.... sigh....

I hate cold weather too.. I reach for a jumper when it gets below 20C.... brrrrr....:lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

I have a good memory .
    This summer has been a pure rainfest , but that has happened before and will again.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.