I’ve hit middle age....and happy birthday to Joe Walsh and Duane Allman

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I’m usually not the type to give myself a pat on the back for my birthday

But today is it

I’ve finally hit middle age, I wonder when the crisis hits?

And yes MIDDLE age

I don’t find it unrealistic with modern medical technology to make it to 65, although I’ve always said that I was born a 65 year older

Also one interesting thing is I share a birthday with Joe Walsh and Duane Allman

Happy birthday Joe! And you too Duane! Rockin in the sky
Are you pulling our legs???? Thirty is nowhere near middle age. I don't feel I really got started until forty.
As to making it until 65, I acknowledge I have peers that didn't make it past their twenties, thirties, or forties.....and now that we're approaching SEVENTY (I have to emphasize that because it seems incredible) too many are dropping every day. My father and his dad both died at 62 and 63 (respectively) and I never thought I'd make it this far. So.....Happy Birthday. It really does get even better for most of us, and I hope it does for you as well. Best wishes.....;)
....and I have to add, respectfully, to what @t-ray said above, it's not just "ALL" about what you think and feel.....because the reality is things do eventually wear out.....but, yeah....treat your body well, and keep thinking "young" thoughts, and whatever time you DO have will be more enjoyable and fulfilling.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
lol, Happy Birthday!!! I have shoes that are 30 years old ya little twerp! Man, at 30 I was working at a bank in LA and living in Glendale. I was killing it! The next 35 years were outstanding! Make sure you keep many records of the time spent. Have a great time and eat cake. It's important in a way.

Alex_C

Tele-Holic
Happy Birthday!
30's is young. I'm 57, my 50's have been really good. 30-40's were all about career building. 50's are more chill, more time to have fun.

Last edited:

Alex_C

Tele-Holic
I vehemently didn't accept the "middle age" label until I hit 50. And was in my best shape ever at 44, but I hope to surpass that again if I can get these extra 20lbs to go away so my speed gets back up.

Running or cycling? My wife and I do Triathlon stuff. We decided this week to go a 100% whole food diet, I'm hoping to drop my last 10lbs of chub. Whole food meaning no more extracted oils or processed foods.

EsquireBoy

Friend of Leo's
Happy Bday!
30 is nowhere near middle age though.
My thirties were good, but I feel like the fourties are better. So the best is still ahead!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
M
Muh
Mi
Middle age?
My 30s were spent running from the cops hooked on dope, dude.
If that was middle age, damn...

Anyhow, happy birthday!

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Happy birthday. I don’t consider 30 as middle age, but I was told that I was in a midlife crisis all throughout my 30s, so it might be true.

BTW, I still have some underwear that are 30 years old. Just sayin’

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

But today is it

And yes MIDDLE age

I don’t find it unrealistic with modern medical technology to make it to 65, although I’ve always said that I was born a 65 year older

Also one interesting thing is I share a birthday with Joe Walsh and Duane Allman

First, Happy Birthday to you buddy! Second, you ain't middle aged, you're in the prime of life! Middle age don't really kick in now until you're about sixty years old. You ain't middle aged until women look at you funny if you don't open the door for 'em. You're officially old, when the women start opening the door for YOU!

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity

But today is it

And yes MIDDLE age

hey! you and me brother, we share the same birthday? I turned 55 at 7:10 am today

middle age is the Age of the Middle

the fulcrum!

I wish you every good thing