I’ve been a fool (for a woman, of course)

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
Again, thanks everyone for your support. It’s telling that it’s now been a day and a half since I texted her goodbye and I have not gotten any response at all (and yes my message was delivered to her but she doesn’t have read receipts on). I’m trying not to regret all the hours I spent taking care of her, usually rushing over at a moment’s notice...thinking we were building a solid relationship. Nope she was just using me and I was gladly letting her do it.

jhundt

Doctor of Teleocity
Yep I talked about the situation at length with a close friend and he used those exact words “soul sucker” about her.

Yes, you would think that at 62 I would know better. Nope, when it comes to affairs of the heart, age doesn’t matter, we are all overcome.
that is the truth.

SnidelyWhiplash

Poster Extraordinaire
seriously drinking herself to death.

PB, if this is true, pretty soon the situation will resolve itself. Sounds harsh,
but you can't help someone overcome their demons. They have to be willing
to help themselves. If said situation is too much to bear, then you have to cut
bait. 🐟

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
Well I am trying to move on… in the daytime I feel optimistic but nighttime, when everything is quiet in the house, still gets to me. Haven’t heard from the gal since last week so I’m going to refrain from trying to contact her again. Got a nibble or two on the dating apps at least.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Afflicted
Well I am trying to move on… in the daytime I feel optimistic but nighttime, when everything is quiet in the house, still gets to me. Haven’t heard from the gal since last week so I’m going to refrain from trying to contact her again. Got a nibble or two on the dating apps at least.
Delete her number, block her from WhatsApp and other apps. I’ve done that in the past - cold Turkey DOES work

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
nighttime, when everything is quiet in the house, still gets to me.
I often keep some stupid youtube thing running all night to keep my brain chimp from screaming at me
Side effects may include dreams involving Jordan Peterson Lex Fridman and/or Russell Brand