I’m working in Lake Charles, La today...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by swervinbob, Nov 24, 2020.

1. DFB1

DFB1 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Mojo to Lake Charles

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    swervinbob likes this.
  2. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Tornadoes are quick and destructive in a quick way. Sometimes without warning
    Hurricanes are identified, for the most part, days in advance. Their ramping up or down usually can be predicted in advance. Sometimes days, sometimes hours

There was a tornado in Jackson, Ms back in the ‘60s that was close to a half mile wide and was on the ground for a very long time. I don’t remember how long. It went over a Mall and there was serious damage. I can look up the casualties but it’s really not important

Lake Charles is a beautiful part of LA. I hope it comes back stronger than before

swervinbob likes this.
  3. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I used to live in Lake Chuck about 30 years ago. I've lost touch with folks there but I know that they are devastated. It's hard to imagine losing so much in nearly a blink of an eye. Mercy.

swervinbob likes this.
  4. Sidney Vicious

Sidney Vicious Friend of Leo's

swervinbob likes this.
  5. 985plowboy

985plowboy Poster Extraordinaire

Laura was tough.

swervinbob likes this.
  6. Henley

Henley Tele-Holic

Yes but the way I figure it, if my neighbors house is left standing simply because the path of the tornado favored him, I would be happy for him, but inside I'd be "What did I do oh lord?
    Or if the 150mph winds died the block after my tract. Tornado's really scare me, as do any winds approaching 80-100mph.

None of these things have an upside.. including family, it's impossible to not be affected in some way no matter where you live.

swervinbob likes this.
  7. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

I've had two close encounters of the Tornado kind in my life and since a kid had nightmares. One I watched fly by while my car (and many others) were stopped and huddled under an interstate underpass. You just saw rain/crap blowing horizontally. The other was in a friends car at night, the corn went flat in an instant, he jerked the wheel left ways and the car smoothly slid right ways into the ditch, crazy. No more than a minute later the radio was talking about a Tornado headed to the town we were outside of. The big Nashville Tornado missed us by 100 yards or so but damn it knocked down some of our favorite spots.

I feel like they're trying to get me....

swervinbob likes this.
  8. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Have you seen that little Bessie girl I once knew?

swervinbob likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.