Hey y’all, it’s been a long time since I’ve posted a tread of my own. It’s probably been a couple of years now that I think about it. I’m lurking around here almost everyday, seeing what everyone is working on. And, I very occasionally will post a comment if I have something worthwhile to add to the conversation. I haven’t been doing much building. I did build a second LP for a friend a couple of years ago. And I have a couple of projects that I sorta started on, but didn’t get too far. One of which is a reclaimed pine tele. I should probably start a thread for that one since it’s a tele and all. ha ha! But for now I decided to do kind of a follow up thread to my LP build I posted back in 2017. The reason for the makeover is there were a lot of cosmetic things I didn’t like about my LP. I had feathered the burst in really far to disguise a slight pinkish stain around one of the tone pot holes caused by red dyed pore filler that had leaked under the masking tape. I got where I really hated the wide burst on the lower bout. It just looked wrong! The red pore filler dye had also bled up on to my binding a lot when I sprayed the clear coats on the body. Lastly, the binding in the cut away had an area where it didn’t fit right and had a gap under it that was filled with melted binding goop. It just never looked quite right there and I was never very happy with it. So that brings me to about a month ago when I decided it was time to just strip the entire guitar and do a total refinish. Here is what I started with. I had faded the red with sunlight to see if it would make the burst narrower looking, but it didn’t. I did kind of like the orangey brown color it faded to though. So I gathered enough nerve to start sanding and scraping. after the first evening... I’ll have plenty more progress pics to share. I’ll post more later when I get some free time.