I’ll see your Yoyoka and raise you a Senri

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by TokyoPortrait, Dec 6, 2019.

1. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Hi.

So, I showed the latest Yoyoka clip on here to two drummers I work with. Neither where that impressed, apart from what she can do at her age.

They pointed me to Senri Kawaguchi, another Japanese child prodigy.

Turns out they had both taught her. English that is.

I searched and see she’s been posted about here before, but I thought we could stand a revisit.

As far as I can tell, these videos show her at 12, 16 and now at 22.

Pax/
    Dean

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    teletimetx, nojazzhere and po-boy like this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Very impressive. The only problem is, I don't play music like this, and most of the stages I play on don't have room for their kits, much less the rest of the band. My dream is to find a drummer who has the self-confidence to get up with a kick drum, snare, hi-hat, and maybe one mounted tom, and keep a solid, driving beat going. I'm playing tomorrow night with a great drummer I've played with since the mid-sixties. He has incredible timing, instincts, musicality, and some mental clairvoyance that let's him know what I'm going to do, even before I KNOW! But he has to hide behind a mountain of drums and hardware, with three or four cymbals interfering with our "line of sight". He plays custom built DW drums, that probably cost as much as an original Blackguard Tele.....how's that for messed up priorities?
    Tomorrow, I'm playing with my heavily modified Korean Fender Squier Tele, a Vox Pathfinder 15R chassis in a home-built cab with four mis-matched 8" speakers, and my homemade pedal board with a handful of pedals I don't even know how to use. (and really don't use, except the Mosaic 12-String Emulator) The older I get, the more I believe in the "KISS" principle......."Keep It Simple Stupid".

TokyoPortrait likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.