HWY 1 Texas Telecaster 011-3502, MN

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Gravel Road, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Gravel Road

Gravel Road TDPRI Member

I came across the information on the Hwy 1 Texas Tele on Fender web site. On the Tone pot it shows a cap disk .100uf part #16, cap disk .02uf part #17 and a resistor 4,7k part #18 Rev.B. My question is #16 attached to #2 post and then to ground, and is #17 attached to #1 post and then in series with the resistor and then to ground? 20191017_164256.jpg 20191017_164208.jpg

2. Muinarc

Muinarc Tele-Meister

Looks to me like #16 is going to post #2 and #3 and #17 goes from #1 to resistor to ground.

3. Gravel Road

Gravel Road TDPRI Member

So the input from the switch, #1 on the volume pot goes to #3 post on the tone pot. So, the tone would change as the tone shaft is turned.

4. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

5. Gravel Road

Gravel Road TDPRI Member

Thanks for the info. I guess the next time I go by a Radio Shack store, I need to pick up some caps and resistors. (A little humor from an old person)

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

We were just in a Radio Shack in Sept. in Vernal, Utah. But we bought a storage chip for a digital 35 mm looking still camera. I wanted to browse and see if they had any caps or resistors but we didn't have any spare time. They had a wall covered in huge TVs.

The place was sharing space kinda inside a larger Ace Hardware (home improvement) store.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.