Hurt my wrist today.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Momma thinks I should see the doc, young son the engineer just called after finding out I had hurt my wrist. He thinks I have insufficient data on my wrist, and should have to doctor look at it, and offer an opinion, since that's his line of work, I tend to agree with him.

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
It was long ago, but:
My buddy Roger and I were playing a round after work, we were walking, and carrying our bags. The guys in front were in a cart, and one of them drove the cart onto the green. I yelled to them to get the cart off the green. When we got to the next tee box, they were waiting for us. A big guy, and a little guy. The big guy was a bugger barker, and not going to do anything. The little guy sucker punched me in the side of the head!

I grabbed him and threw him over my hip, and put my knee in his chest, and hit him a couple of times. Then I was getting ready to put some hurt on him, I thought maybe a broken nose would remind him of the day. I thought about it, felt sorry for him, and told him, if you'll shut up, I'll let you up, and not hurt you. He thought that a good idea. They went and got the proprietor, he came out and talked to us, and when we told him they had driven a cart out on the green, the proprietor ran THEM off.

The second time was just a matter of my buddy (not Roger) getting too drunk and deciding to fight instead of playing golf. Almost a rerun, of the little guy, my buddy took a swing at me, I flipped him over my hip, got my knee in his chest, and banged his gourd a few times, and asked him if he wanted to go back to playing golf, and we did.
Oh man, this story was so good I forgot the thread was about you actually getting hurt today.

Sorry to hear that and I hope it is not serious. Take it easy too. Remember, playin guitar with that wrist ain’t gonna get any easier as it is.

Thanks for sharin your golf/fight stories too.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Ouch TD!!! I know how that feels. I did something similar to my left shoulder, over the last winter, and couldn't use my left arm for a month! I don't know what I did to cause it, but whatever it was I did it right ;) Deep tissue wounds like you're describing can take quite a while to heel, but I hope you get well soon so you can be back on the fairway!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Then I was getting ready to put some hurt on him, I thought maybe a broken nose would remind him of the day. I thought about it, felt sorry for him, and told him, if you'll shut up, I'll let you up, and not hurt you. He thought that a good idea.

I had almost exactly the same experience once. Little guy picks a fight with me, and I'm twice his size. I felt sorry for him too. He too thought my idea was a good one ;)

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Hey TD be carefull

If its a swollen tendon , Icing it will work , take a couple of tylenol they will aso reduce the swelling also some Volteren it has an anti imflamitory topical cream , rest your arm for a few days , if its unbearable in the morning check it out right away , best of wishes

my wife bent over to pick something up it had a strong handle on top ,easy lift , threw her back out for a few days she could not move

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
A78216D3-8774-44E4-947F-D63AC78C41B6.gif

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I had wrist surgery on my left a few years ago...one of the reasons I can't really finger a guitar very well at this point, not that I was ever a player. The surgery was necessary because of the cartlege between the bones wearing away and getting to the point it was "bone on bone" which is the same issue that causes folks to get knee and hip replacements quite often. Surgery fixed the pain. Range of motion was affected. I suspect I'll have to have the right one done someday too..."feeling it" these days...but I'm putting that off for sure for as long as I can!

I hope you didn't actually damage anything and that things heal up quickly.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I had almost exactly the same experience once. Little guy picks a fight with me, and I'm twice his size. I felt sorry for him too. He too thought my idea was a good one ;)
You know, I had in mind to mark the guy up a little to give him something to remember about blindsiding, but when I looked down at him, I felt sorry for him. He was really a handsome kid, and I was getting ready to change all of that for him. The other thing was, his buddy was much bigger than him, and kept barking at me as he was going backwards, I had to admire the little guy for doing what he thought he should. All in the past now. ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Oh man, this story was so good I forgot the thread was about you actually getting hurt today.

Sorry to hear that and I hope it is not serious. Take it easy too. Remember, playin guitar with that wrist ain’t gonna get any easier as it is.

Thanks for sharin your golf/fight stories too.
I'm going to have get better before I can play. My wrist is better today, but not much. The doc is trying to get me in over at the x-ray place. My fight stories are from long ago, I'm so old now the only thing that still works is my big mouth which was what got me into most of my fights to start with! ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Ouch TD!!! I know how that feels. I did something similar to my left shoulder, over the last winter, and couldn't use my left arm for a month! I don't know what I did to cause it, but whatever it was I did it right ;) Deep tissue wounds like you're describing can take quite a while to heel, but I hope you get well soon so you can be back on the fairway!
Thanks Mr. T!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I had wrist surgery on my left a few years ago...one of the reasons I can't really finger a guitar very well at this point, not that I was ever a player. The surgery was necessary because of the cartlege between the bones wearing away and getting to the point it was "bone on bone" which is the same issue that causes folks to get knee and hip replacements quite often. Surgery fixed the pain. Range of motion was affected. I suspect I'll have to have the right one done someday too..."feeling it" these days...but I'm putting that off for sure for as long as I can!

I hope you didn't actually damage anything and that things heal up quickly.
Thank you!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Hey TD be carefull

If its a swollen tendon , Icing it will work , take a couple of tylenol they will aso reduce the swelling also some Volteren it has an anti imflamitory topical cream , rest your arm for a few days , if its unbearable in the morning check it out right away , best of wishes

my wife bent over to pick something up it had a strong handle on top ,easy lift , threw her back out for a few days she could not move
I strongly suspect what caused my problem was Cholesterol medication, which I quit taking, but I think the damage was already done. The doc has tried me on a couple of meds for cholesterol both gave me muscle and joint problems. No more of that stuff for me.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
You know, I had in mind to mark the guy up a little to give him something to remember about blindsiding, but when I looked down at him, I felt sorry for him. He was really a handsome kid, and I was getting ready to change all of that for him. The other thing was, his buddy was much bigger than him, and kept barking at me as he was going backwards, I had to admire the little guy for doing what he thought he should. All in the past now. ;)

Yep! My "lil buddy", who actually picked a fight with me for absolutely zero reason other than to look tough to others (I guess?), actually had to swing upwards to hit my jaw! LOL!!! :eek: Even with that sucker punch, I hardly felt it :eek: Nuts man... I mostly had to just hold him on the ground to keep him from hurting himself LOL!!! Agree - All in the distant past now.... like about 35 years past, but to this day I have no idea what he thought he'd accomplish with that tomfoolery 🤪😳

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yep! My "lil buddy", who actually picked a fight with me for absolutely zero reason other than to look tough to others (I guess?), actually had to swing upwards to hit my jaw! LOL!!! :eek: Even with that sucker punch, I hardly felt it :eek: Nuts man... I mostly had to just hold him on the ground to keep him from hurting himself LOL!!! Agree - All in the distant past now.... like about 35 years past, but to this day I have no idea what he thought he'd accomplish with that tomfoolery 🤪😳
Most guys who are drunk on the golf course fall under:

Drunk, AND Stupid! ;)

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
See the Doc. Medicare has one good benefit, you can make a mistake and find out it will heal by itself and that you've already paid for it over the years. Get well quick.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
See the Doc. Medicare has one good benefit, you can make a mistake and find out it will heal by itself and that you've already paid for it over the years. Get well quick.

We're getting ready to head over to the x-ray place. Here's the plan. Go get x-ray, go to grocery store. Wife says she thinks I can handle pushing the shopping cart with one hand just fine! ;) She said on Tuesday when we dropped nearly four hundred bucks at COSTCO that we wouldn't have to go to the store for a good long while. Apparently a good long while is TWO DAYS in wife speak!