Hurricane Ida is coming. Louisiana Look out.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Tele-Holic

Sitting down here in new iberia with survival suppllies and food ( vienna sausage, water, batteries and BEER!) watching it on TV. It will hit in Terrebonne Parish east of here this PM. Where I am is sort of on the border between hurricane and tropical storm. some gusts above 73,ph, mostly tropical storm force winds. We're on the west side of the storm, so not too much in the way of tidal surge, mostly rain. The only problem is that we've been getting rain almost daily for about 2-3 months and the ground is saturated, so it won't tak much to flood or pull those tree roots out of the ground.

Greggorios likes this.
  2. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Tele-Holic

PS also have my guitars handy. When they lights go out will be a good opportunity to get in some much needed practice, and maybe restring 1 or 2.:D

as5431 and Greggorios like this.
  3. Zipslack

Zipslack Tele-Meister

They have a museum in Hazelhurst (where you probably saw the only sign). I think it was his birthplace or childhood home? I live 20 miles away and never been to it.

4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

Hurricanes rarely that bad here. The storms lose a lot of power when they encounter the Appalachian foothills in northeast Georgia. The main risk is them spawning tornados but that usually happens south of Atlanta.

Ice and snow storms tend to be worse here because they only happen every 5 or so years and the highway crews aren't well equipped to deal with them. So, we get stuck at home, sometimes without power for several days.

dented and Greggorios like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.