Hurricane Ian on the horizon.

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes, we were actually fearing for Cedar Key and the surrounding (swamp) area in early tracking models. We like that funky little spec.

My son in Ft. Meyers rode it out OK and had very little personal damage, considering the devastation just about 20 a minutes drive from him. Still no power (It came on briefly and went back out yesterday) No potable water and then no running water at all. I know from experience how fast that gets to be stressful. But very lucky and importantly- safe and sound. And the company he works for takes good care of him.

Dad in central Fla/Lakeland area had high winds and heavy rain of course. Lakes as high as any of the old timers there have ever seen. Power is back on, and the neighborhood is performing a cooperative clean-up, which is good for the community and helps the older residents (Like dad, 82 with respiratory and back issues)

Son in Myrtle beach S.C. area got driving rain and wind, a little clean up- but certainly little relative the southwest Florida.

It's going through our area now. Cold light rain and wind for a few days. And we needed the moisture so it's all good here.
Other than the urge to drive a truck load of water to Ft. Meyers. But the reality is it would be a small gesture that would do more to make me feel better than provide any real help. I'd offer physical help and haul my chainsaw, rope, generator and more down there, but the body ain't got that left in it I am afraid. Desire though... It's still strong.
Glad to hear everyone’s OK, Mark. Praise God.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Glad to hear everyone’s OK, Mark. Praise God.
Thank you. Me too.
And I do appreciate your empathy. It's been a long-distance stressor, but a stressor just the same. But nothing compared to what many others have had to endure.

I often have to "check my emotions" and remind myself how the media habitually trends toward showing the worst and most sensational. But in events like this, I know the reality is they aren't yet touching but the tip of it.

It's going to be a long time...

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Another day of cleanup. Again, we were very fortunate at the minimal damage to our home. Most of the back yard, well what is inside our fence, is cleaned up.

Reassembled the grill that Ian disassembled for us and had a good breakfast.

I had to stablize one shed before I could rewire my 220 well pump to 110 and put together a 30 amp cord for it.

The one shed I rebuilt good enough until I can replace it. No temporary fix for my big canopy, oh well.

View attachment 1035322 View attachment 1035323

tomorrow the tarp

g'night y'all 😊
I had to pause and tell you how impressed I am with your effort to "prop up" that metal shed.
Just... Wow! I had one of those near a similar state of deterioration, and it was rusty tin foil scrap.
You performed a near miracle there. I am known to take on the near impossible, and admit, wouldn't have even tried to do more than condense the trash pile and move on.
I am awestruck Faith.

FaithNicole

Tele-Meister
I had to pause and tell you how impressed I am with your effort to "prop up" that metal shed.
Just... Wow! I had one of those near a similar state of deterioration, and it was rusty tin foil scrap.
You performed a near miracle there. I am known to take on the near impossible, and admit, wouldn't have even tried to do more than condense the trash pile and move on.
I am awestruck Faith.
ty. necessity really motivates 😁

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Glad to hear that everyone seems to be OK so far. 🤞🤞

Lived in Florida most of my life and I have been through a few close calls.
Live in the Upstate of SC now and we were worried about wind and flood damage here.
Our home is essentially surrounded by trees, any one of which would do major damage.
Fortunately, for us, Ian took a northwestern turn and we avoided the worst of it.

Love living "in the woods" but this happened to my wife's car last winter.
The trees don't handle snow or heavy winds very well :)

20220116_135722873_iOS.jpg