Hurricane blew into town a week ago last Tuesday.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, not really it was my brother and sister in law from Arkansas, but it felt like one. Played golf three times during the week, had family out to dinners five times, two family sessions of probably fifty or so out at uncle Weldon's ranchette who during the same week welcomed his eleventh grandchild into the clan. He, and his wife have indeed been fruitful and multiplied. A bunch of us old ducks played pool until we were only about two feet tall from walking around the table. It's pretty hard to beat a man who owns a pool table on his own turf.

The height of our week though was the culmination of a plan my daughter put together starting several weeks ago when she bought ten tickets for the Steve Wariner show at the Crystal Palace. She cajoled my bro and sis in law into getting here in time for the show, and they did! Ten of us went to see Steve, I've seen him before, but as a solo act. This time he had a full band, and could really show out on the guitar. He played two Teles, a couple of acoustics, and his really cool new Gretsch Signature model.

Steve is sixty four years old, doesn't look it, has gotten into pretty good shape, and looks great on stage, and is doing a tour right now. After watching him live with a band, I can see why he will be inducted into the Musicians Haul of Fame this year.

Our company really took up with Alex, I'm pretty sure he wanted to go home with them, and I think they wanted him to. They left about 1:00 AM in that big old Chevy four door truck, they are probably past Flag by now.

2. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's

Sounds like a great weekend. So good to see family getting together. Glad to hear TD. :)

Chunkocaster and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I'll be blowing down into California next week to celebrate my dad's 90th B-day. My sisters are already packing in the whirlwind agenda. I will be entering the hurricane that is already there.

Chunkocaster and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Thanks Greggorios. They were actually here from Tuesday through the following week until last night, a full week and a day. Man, I'm tuckered. Our company sent us a text just a minute ago, and they just cleared Flagstaff which is where I thought they might be. I've made the trek to their house twelve times, so I know the route!

5. Toto'sDad

My wife is from a huge family so when someone shows up from out of town, they really put on the show! Last Sunday there were so many people out at my wife's brother's place I lost count. He has two and a half acres, his oldest son has a place the same size next door, and his daughter is building a big home on another two and half acres across the street from his. Another son lives a short distance away, and another in town. Only one of his brood has left the state and lives in Texas.

Happy Birthday to your dad, I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we enjoyed our folks visiting. There is really nothing like interaction from those you love to get you into a good humor. We are so blessed that even though there are a lot of us, we all get along famously. Our house feels empty this morning, and Alex is skulking around wishing they would come back and give him an ear scratch and a treat!

Obsessed likes this.
  6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I thought you hadn't been around here for a bit....now I understand you've been busy and distracted. Welcome back to reality.(?) It's really nice when family gets along together and you have a good time. Some of mine, unfortunately, just aren't worth making the effort. Oh well!!!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

All of us lived in a small town when we were young that is now all but destroyed by the winds of time. We all knew each other. One of my brothers in law I have known since he was fifteen years old, we have been drinking buddies, hunting buddies, played music together, and lived our lives together. I am indeed fortunate to have known and loved, and been a part of this wonderful family for more than fifty years. We have lost some of them over the years, we all miss them, but they live on in our hearts. As Alan Jackson said in a song. "Old ones die, and new are born."

nojazzhere likes this.
  8. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah. Most of my relatives live in Oregon, so I have to drive around that state or else stop a bazillion times to visit. I am blessed with a large great family too, so I will be enjoying the trip. Dad's 90 is the new 70. Amazing what modern medicine can do. He is back out on his acreage with a new chainsaw (electric thank goodness) clearing and limbing.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.