Hunger Games - boring

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telesavalis, Apr 8, 2013.

1. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

I think Jennifer Lawrence is hot but literally could not stay awake trying to watch the Hunger Games. The bits I do remember seemed incredibly goofy.

2. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

The previews were so boring that I swore against watching it and have taken up the hobby of jello mandalas for kids, fun, and hope in the community.

3. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

This post has changed my mind. I VILL VATCH!

Seriously, I appreciate the comparison and insight. I hate non-characters like Bella. Somebody pour red paint on her head, I wanna see SOME life!

4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Do think Hunger Games could have been more interesting if some of it were narrated by....

Morgan Freeman?

5. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

And I thought today would go by without him. I'm going to marry Morgan Freeman. He will wear the veil!

6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

And as luck would have it, there they were...

Morgan and 1955, standing at the alter of their future. And, inexplicably, Morgan looked out over the crowd gathered there and said..."Andy, I couldn't wait forever"l

7. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I made it less than 5 minutes. Maybe I'll try again. Based on what I've gleaned about it seems a pointless and already done theme anyway.

8. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

And miss out on that fascinating forehead as you exchange rings? My, but you're fickle! ;)

9. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

I like the premise. I like the etymology; Theseus and the Minotaur/1984/Running Man/etc.. The overall theme of man (or woman) against the state. Timely distraction. The books are better than the movies. My kids, away at college, had the books on their shelf. Not bad for bathroom reading. Not exactly Lee Child's Jack Reacher, in terms of grabbing my interest with pulp fiction, but not bad.

Plus Jennifer Lawrence is attractive, not just beautiful, so that makes watching the movies more interesting.

The best part is that my college kids enjoyed turning me on to the franchise and now we'll all go out to see Hunger Games III at the theater this week while they're home from school. I'm looking forward to it.

I guess Lenny Kravitz won't be in III. Too bad. He was an empathetic character and did a good job. I'd like to see more of him on screen. He could become a compelling character actor, I think.

10. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Loved both the movie and the books.

I bought my daughter the first book not long after it came out on a recommendation of a gal who owns the bookstore my daughter visits and she devoured it. So I read it and all the subsequent novels, too. Yes, it's violent, but it is also thought provoking and damned sure adventurous, and to be honest the Hunger Games aren't any darker than the last three Harry Potter books.

11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've never seen HG. At first I wanted to see HG Mockingjay, but when I saw the trailer for HG Mokingjay, and they shoot down the jets with a bow and arrow aiming straight at them, well, let's just say, that will do it for me. Anyone who's ever shot at a moving target will know what I mean. I don't want to step in the hunzunga again this soon after seeing Nightcrawler, and Interstellar, I might not be able to go to the movies anymore.

The part 1 thing gave me pause too. The first Lord of the Rings movie I saw, it was kind of like I could hear the film flapping on the reel at the end. If you're going to do a multiple part movie, give each chapter some sort of conclusion, don't just have it slide off a cliff.

12. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

I've never seen or read the movies or books. I was invited to an 8 plus hour marathon at the show ending the the showing of the most recent film. Judging by the comments here I'd have been begging for a root canal 3 hours in.

13. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

I rented the original Hunger Games movie a few nights ago, as I was curious over the 'hype'?
    Jennifer Lawrence IS hot....but....her acting 'ability' is on par with Lassie.
    The entire movie was a boring waste of time.
    They SHOULD have made the screen writers fight to the death instead......................

14. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    You guys should watch the Japanese film "Battle Royale". Hunger Games is basically a family friendly rip-off. BR is gruesome and hilarious. :)

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I am so sorry I missed the nuptials of 1955, and Morgan. How could I have missed it, the event of the year no doubt.

16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

My wife and I just watched the second Hunger Games on Netflix streaming and found it about as good as the first. There are few movies that I enjoy and I enjoyed this one. I like the adventure side and it does seem to make a statement on reality TV as well. I'm looking forward to the third one that just came out. I'd like to see it in the theater like we saw the first one. I'll look into Battle Royale. Could be more my style.

17. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Why is anything "dystopian" so popular right now ?

Because "right now" kinda sucks...:lol:

Think about it...

18. J-man

Admin Post
    Dystopian stuff is always popular. Whether right now sucks is a matter of perspective.

19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Not as big as it right now.

And yes - "right now" - globally and in general - sucks.

And in 24 years you'll think that that "right now" sucks too.

20. J-man

Admin Post
    Go look at the popular films, tv programmes and books from different decades. There are tons of dystopian ones in the mix. Nothing new at all.

And I highly doubt you have any clue what I'll think about anything in 24 years. :p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.