1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Humbuckers and OD?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by fakeocaster, Jul 26, 2011.

1. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted

Ive used single coils with tubescreamers and similair for classic rock and blues for a long time. The mid range boost is annoying with Humbuckers tho.

Any recommendations?

2. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

Fulltone OCD.

3. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

The only OD that I have ever used that I like with my Epi Fake 335 (w/Gibson Pickups) has been my Danelectro Transparent Overdrive (V1) and it is because of the Gain range in combination with the separate Bass/Treble controls. I don't like the grainy/compressed distortion I always seemed to get with TS (or similar) and humbuckers, for someone that wants to preserve the clean tone, clarity. All I know is that with the Dano Pedal if I increase the Treble to 2-3 clock, and Bass down to 10-11 clock and put the Gain at say 11 clock and Level wherever, I can leave the pedal ON and just roll from clean to a nice sustain (think Dickey Betts, BB King etc.,where I am getting some overdrive, but it is not really perceived as distortion) with just the guitar's volume knob- advancing the Treble like that on the TOD keeps me from losing highs when turning guitar volume down. I am admittedly a pretty clean (blues/R&B/ roots) player- but this gives the Fake 335 a very nice range

4. fishcake

fishcake TDPRI Member

a bluesbreaker type pedal maybe?

5. onlybrowning

onlybrowning Tele-Meister

+ 1. I love mine with humbuckers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.