1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hubert Sumlin Live

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tidepoolbay, May 18, 2009.

1. Blues Hurler

Blues Hurler Tele-Holic

Saw him a couple nights ago at Peter's Place in Gravenhurst in Ontario. Very small club. Only holds 80 people. I was maybe 10 feet from him. He was on oxygen the whole time and didn't sing much, but he sure played some nice guitar. His back-up band was killin' it all night. They did a half dozen songs to open the first set, then again for the second. Show ran maybe 2 or 2.5 hours. One of the best shows I've seen. Unfortunately, Hubert was pretty wiped out after the show so I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but I had a nice chat with the bass player, who told a few stories.

Hubert played that sunburst strat through a red-knob The Twin. I got a few pix that I'll try to upload when I'm back in town next week.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Is that Jorma with... a Les Paul? I've never seen him play one. The closest was an SG with a Bigsby that I think he borrowed.

3. voodoochile

voodoochile Tele-Meister

Huberts version of "Sittin on top of the world" is one of my favorite songs of all time!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.