How's your Bassbreaker holding up?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Stratguy70, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

I just got the 007, and have 30 days to return it.
    I'm not worried about how it sounds, I think it's great. Just a nervous buyer...

How's the reliability of these amps, are you guys happy?
    Any thoughts/ recommendations?

2. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

The entire line is still new in my mind. Not much can be said about their long-term reliability at this point.

Haven't had any problems with my year-old floor model BB15 yet. But that's not worth much, as it's still new, and I haven't even gigged it yet, let alone regularly.

Stratguy70 likes this.
  3. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Very timely. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was just about to ask if anyone feels like it's a one-trick pony.

I just bought a Blackstar HT-5R mkII for the versatility, phones, mp3 etc, but I can't get the Bassbreaker out of my head - most of the early reports, a year or so ago, were spectacular.

There are threads out there asking if the honeymoon period has worn off, but from what I've read, most longer term owners still appear to be happy.

I don't know why you'd be concerned about reliability Stratguy... Fender doesn't have a reputation for poor reliability and don't they come with a 3 year warranty?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Stratguy70 likes this.
  4. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

5. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

That's a decent warranty.
    I always question when I buy things, just a habit.
    The little 007 is just for my home practice and I'm just a delay/ reverb guy..I have the Mustang gt but I never use all those sounds. With different pickup selections and gain settings, that's enough for me.
    Thanks for the thoughts.

6. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

I started out (just got back into electric) thinking I'd get a modelling amp (Mustang), but quickly realised I only really use delay, reverb and a bit of overdrive. Just sold a ZOOM G5n that I was using through powered speakers. Now, I'd rather buy a Strat and a compressor, if I'm looking for a bit of tonal variety. Can't wait to get my tube amp.

Enjoy your Bassbreaker. They say you can't get a bad tone out of them.

Stratguy70 likes this.
  7. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

I dont have mine as I traded it to a friend- but I bought the 007 in early 2017 and it is still rocking out. He played it last week on a radio gig. I generally played it at full or close to full volume when I had it, and he is known to be loud as well-so its had a good workout. Biggest thing is let the speaker break in- sounds great when it does.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.