How's THIS for a Bad Dog post?!

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
I would sign up the dog & the harp player.

Leave the dog in the back of the van to guard the gear.

SWNS_VAN_DOG_06-e1534158728847.jpg

scook

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
On a serious note, standard protocol from the health department is a 10 day confinement/observation for a fully vaccinated dog who has bitten someone. Although it’s an extremely small percentage, rabies vaccinations aren’t at 100%. If the dog dies within the 10 days it should be tested to see if it was positive.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
HEY!
Harp players have feelings, too…

Ok, we really don’t, but we might develop some at some point in our lives…

At least we aren’t trombone players!
Of course I realize harp players have feelings. :)
(I still think I'd choose the dog bite. For me, the effects don't last as long)
;););););););

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I have a 125 lb. Great Pyrenees and he's funny like that. If he is in our house or in one of our cars, you won't be able to approach without him going full Cujo but if you meet him outside, he's friendly to 99%. He is a guard dog after all, he takes his job seriously.
A guy used to bring his Pyrenees into the TSC store and she was gentle to the point of ignoring you. He said at home if anybody approached the house and she was on the porch, she would go into no BS guard dog mode and meant it. I love that breed but wish they had a longer life span. (as do all dog lovers)

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Last night I go over to a guy's house.
He's a harp player and I'm putting a band together.
He has an OLD dog...medium sized.
He tells me don't touch the dog.
It comes up to me, looks up, wags its tail a little, so I put my hand near it (fingers curled up) to let it get a whiff of me (is this REALLY what you're supposed to do with a dog? Why do we do this?) and the dog sinks its teeth into the back of my hand. Not a nip.
It wasn't letting go and I more or less tore my hand out of its mouth.
Hurt like F.
The rest of the evening, the dog keeps coming up to me, sniffing and wagging its tail like it wants to be friends.
I kept my hands on my guitar.
I played with a hanky wrapped around my hand.
Spent the night with it elevated, but as soon as I got out of bed, it started bleeding pretty good.
So, you ask, Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
The guy is a damn good harp player and a nice guy... I think I'll put him in the band.
The dog, on the other hand, does not get the gig.
Maybe the dog was telling you that you might want to re-think having a full time harp player in the band!:D

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
That whole jam would’ve been “Bright switch and bridge pickup payback”😈.
You call that bite? THIS is bite!!!!

of course I’m kidding… a little..

Last edited:

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I would ask if the dog has been to any 3rd world countries recently.

"The exact incidence of tetanus following bites is not known.(1) Fatality due to tetanus is 45–50% in developing countries.(2) A fatal case of generalized tetanus following dog bite is presented. The diagnosis of tetanus has to be entertained in dog bite, in spite of the dogmatic impulse to attribute any neurological finding to rabies. Tetanus has no confirmatory laboratory tests and still remains a clinical diagnosis."

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Yeah, that's what bedroom doors are for.

If you don't go to the doctor, and you should,
Dogs mouths are full of nasty bacteria. Sometimes bacteria take weeks to cause problems in your blood stream. You should seek qualified medical help for your wound. Even if after examination the health care person says " Don't worry about it." At least your dog bite would have a paper trail if things go badly later on.

"Don't touch the dog" is way different than "The dog seems friendly but he's psycho and could bite you for no good reason."

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I would demand to see the dog's rabies certificate and go to the doctor for some antibiotics. I cannot for the life of me understand people who tolerate this behavior from their dogs and then expose other people to it.
In my Circle, that Dog would be put to Sleep.
That Dog is clearly a Danger to others.

Telecaster582

Tele-Holic
My dad said when he got bit by a cat (a bit different) his hand swelled like a pumpkin and when he did go to the doctor they told him that if he had waited an hour longer to get there they would have had to amputate. Just sayin

Last edited:

3-Chord-Genius

Poster Extraordinaire
I played with a musician who had a border collie that would come up to me, sit down, and look up at me. I'd put my hand toward his nose and he'd bare his teeth and growl quietly. I barely heard it, but I knew enough to move my hand away. Later I was warned that he doesn't like it when you put your hand in front of his nose. I don't get it, but whatever. At least in your case the owner warned you first.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
we had to walk up a hill to get to the school bus stop and had to pass King, a giant German shepherd who lived in a yard surrounded by a chain-link fence about 3.5 feet high

one of the girls on our street was becoming quite the looker in junior high, and she had a major phobia of dogs, so she'd run past King on that stretch of the hill, and he'd bark, etc

one afternoon coming home from school, this was close to summer, so she was wearing a skirt, she didn't run past the fence for some reason

so King comes out, jumps over the fence, and bites her right on the ass

big neighborhood hullabaloo, but me and the guys and King had a certain tacit understanding

TC6969

Friend of Leo's
No dog aggressively bites me and lives.

There would have been a real scene if that had happened to me!

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
How to get rid of that pesky bar harp player. "Ok, next song is in the key of G#." Harp player, "Can't we do yet another blues tune in E?" No, we don't know any.