Howdy!

Heartbreaker_Esq

TDPRI Member
Ad Free Member
Hey there everyone! I have been a lurker for a while, and have benefitted from a lot of threads on here, so I figured it was high time to sign up and say hello. I have been playing guitar off and on for 25+ years, mostly acoustic. In my old electric days, I was always a Strat guy, and tended to think of the Tele as that spanky thing country guys played.

In more recent years, I have gotten into guys like Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen, and come to appreciate the Telecaster. I finally took the plunge this year with a Squier Classic Vibe '50s, and it instantly became my #1. I play in a band doing pop and rock covers from the 1960s to the 2010s, and the Tele does everything I ask of it.

I'm sure I'll get around to posting photos and such later - for now just wanted to make my first post and say hello.

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Welcome to the fold Heartbreaker_Esq. I've loved Telecasters since the late '50s but married a woman who hated them, (even at her age she's a true Metal Head), so I never owned one until she finally caved in the early 2000's. 25+ years tells me it took you awhile too. I now own three. I love them. Arriving late to the party just makes you special!

Heartbreaker_Esq

TDPRI Member
Ad Free Member
Welcome to the fold Heartbreaker_Esq. I've loved Telecasters since the late '50s but married a woman who hated them, (even at her age she's a true Metal Head), so I never owned one until she finally caved in the early 2000's. 25+ years tells me it took you awhile too. I now own three. I love them. Arriving late to the party just makes you special!
Looks like we're both making up for lost time. I've got two already, and I don't think they'll be the last.

4 Cat Slim

Poster Extraordinaire
Welcome to the group and congratulations on obtaining your first Telecaster
(you may have noticed that some of the regulars posting here have more than one).