How would you solve this studio problem?

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Ok , this is an issue I confronted and solved today , but I'm curious as to how some one else would rectify this issue

Issue :
I have a mixer with 16 chanels all inputs are full
the mixer I am using has 3 operable effects sends (the returns are dodgy so I dont use them , they add unwanted color with little control)
FX send 1) H9 Max stereo return into Chanels 15-16
FX send 2) Count to five pedal return to chanel 12
FX send 3) output to my rack mount tuner ( this has a pass through output)

Ok now I have the Strymon Night sky that I want to incorporate in to the system with no available inputs into the mixer

how would you solve this issue? what would be needed to get the strymon and the H9 to input stereo to the mixer with out taking any other instrument input out of the mixer ?

yes, you can use some other gear to fix this but both the H9 and Strymon must be stereo into the mixer
the count to 5 has its own chanel.

I'm curious to see other solutions, What say you?

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
eventide-h9-max-227984.jpg

md_9d79e9e7e8a0ac124f9ee016f724ee7f.jpg

C2-5.JPG

these are the pedals I'm working with.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
A small sub mixer for all fx returning to a stereo pair could do the job.
nailed it , you win first prise!
I used a Behringer UMC 404HD audio interface to to the job , I was looking for a small 1 rack space mixer but nothing fit the bill then I remembered i had the audio interface plus it has 4 inserts ,1 for each input chanel. faily clean sounding , so it will work just fine

I will use the pass through for the rack tuner (send 3) to feed signal to the strymon and the out to the UMC chanel 1-2 I will keep FX send 1 for the H9 into 3-4 of the UMC, the now stereo out from the H9 will be the out from the UMC into chanel 15-16 problem solved

71+jE7xBLSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited: