How would you salvage a Peavey Delta Blues

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by wtk0315, Apr 21, 2019.

1. wtk0315

wtk0315 Tele-Holic

I see. I should have read the fine print. .11" is less than 1/8". Put two together in a piece of heat shrink and I'd have a 1/4" OD two conductor that looks nice and neat.

So what is the preferred method of attaching the shield to ground? My plan is isolated input jacks and a solder tab bolted to chassis near the jacks. Can I solder a jumper wire to the shield, or do I have to strip back enough shield to reach this point? It shouldn't be a big deal on the normal jacks, but it would be about an 1 1/4" stretch from the bright jacks.

Sorry for confusion. Will post pics when I get back on the build.

2. wtk0315

wtk0315 Tele-Holic

Thank you. I'm not going to try it if it likely won't work.

3. Nickfl

Nickfl Tele-Afflicted

I bet your problem was design not lead dress. PTP wiring can look bad, but is almost always quieter than circuit board layouts because of shorter wiring runs. It's hard to say since you haven't posted a schematic of your design, but if you have just cut and pasted circuit blocks from different amps without doing the math to see if they work together it can go off the rails pretty easily.

wtk0315 likes this.
  4. wtk0315

wtk0315 Tele-Holic

Well it wasn't really PTP or turret strip. I had a board, two actually. (I'll post a pic of my board just sitting in the chassis). Basically I covered the tube sockets so I couldn't diagnose anything. (That and the meter gave out.)

The Delta Blues power supply isn't drastically different from the Plexi. There's one more filter cap. The actual values are fairly similar. Folks have built 36 watt TMB, although all that I've seen use cathode bias and mostly tube rectifiers.

My money is still on either biasing the tubes into cutoff or something off with negative feedback/plate leads. Nobody had an idea of why it would sound good after I cut the power, but if the bias supply drained first, the tubes would hit the appropriate bias for a second or two as the caps drained.

5. wtk0315

wtk0315 Tele-Holic

IMG_20190817_130719427_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.