1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How would you fix this hole in hardwood floor/baseboard?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Mice hail, it looks like the work of RATS to me. ;) Or some other such creature.

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

As suggested, figure out what's been getting in and from where. Then do it right the first and only time.

I have a bit of OCD on stuff like that and could not be happy unless everything were taken off, new wood sourced, new subflooring installed under the hardwood to the extent needed, and all damaged wood replaced. Then I'd be focusing on access to the crawlspace and the critters that have been going in and I'd try to block em and kill em.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Hi Harry! I was always hoping we'd get to do some sort of project together. Yeah, four hours away is no big deal but I've got to kinda' hang around here for the next few days...

Any chance you could just bolt the wheels back on your house and pull it here? Or are you in the "uppity" part of Branson?:)

4. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I live in one of the older houses in Branson, with slip-formed 16-inch foundation walls of concrete made with lime cement, 2-inch thick yellow pine floor joists, and exterior walls of rough local cherty dolomite boulders. Oak floors. Many additions have been made and some settling has occurred.

5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Amazing! I'll bet that house has tons of personality. Settling in an old house like that is kind of normal I think. I may not be your man if you need foundation help...I kind of draw the line at painting cracks with that thick waterproofing goop...:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.