1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How we make the JP Woodtone saddles by John Page

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by John Page, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Suho

Suho Tele-Meister

I just put my vera set of saddles on my Warmoth tele last night.

This guitar is/was mahogany with a maple cap and a solid rosewood fat neck, barden pups and Glendale bridge w/ their brass saddles(E/A is aluminum). It suffered most from the "icepick" syndrome, more than any of my other teles. While it cut through very nicely, it really limited its use.

I put the vera JP Woodtone saddles on, and I can tell a distinct difference even unplugged. Given that my 2 year old son takes most of my free time and energy, I will have to fine tune the intonation tonight, but just playing around with it as-is, the tone has softened up noticeably. I am very happy.

As soon as I get around to getting a 3-saddle modern bridge for my Fender Deluxe, I will be putting another set on that guitar. Thanks!

2. John Page

John Page Tele-Meister

Thanks for the review Suho! If you have any questions before you intonate it, please give me a shout. The installation instructions should be pretty clear, but I'm happy to help if I can.

Thanks again, and if your Deluxe isn't as "icepick" as this one, you may want to try the Ebony JP Woodtones!

Cheers...

3. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

When I first saw the thread title, I though, oh great, another saddle, but after I saw the saddles, I was seriously impressed!

Kudos on the cool project.

4. John Page

John Page Tele-Meister

Thank you sir... I'm very proud of them!

5. John Page

John Page Tele-Meister

2012 was a very successful year for the JP Woodtone saddles... thanks to all you guys!

We have even bigger plans for 2013.

Happy New Year from John Page Guitars and JP Woodtone!

Cheers,
    John

6. Bongocaster

Bongocaster Friend of Leo's

You ever think about making archtop bridges?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.