How to wire two S1-Switches in a Tele?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Twang Deluxe, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe Tele-Meister

Hello,

I would like to wire my Tele like this

3-way switch + two S-1-switches
    1. Bridge only
    2. N+B in series
    3. Neck only

First S-1-switch (in Volume knob): phase/out of phase (like in a Baja Tele)

Second S-1-switch (in Tone knob): series/parallel (when the knob is pushed down I would like to have the parallel sound)

Can anyone tell me, where I can find this wiring?

Or is there a diagram, which can be easily modified (e.g. from a Baja Tele)?

Thank you very much

2. Dunkerhook

Dunkerhook Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Here are two that I have.

First one (the larger image) uses a regular push-pull (or a push-push, if you prefer) to give you series and parallel options. You can simply add a second regular push-pull on the other knob to reverse the phase of one of the pickups. (Find that wiring diagram on the Seymour Duncan site. I'm sure it's here, too, if you search.) No need for S-1s -- which are more money and require those special knobs.

Second one I have not yet tried, but it looks cool, too. It requires only one push-pull on the tone and again -- no need for an S-1. It gives you a half-out-of-phase option rather than typical OOP, but I never cared. To my ears, they never differed enough to matter, but YMMV. Because you only need one push-pull pot, the volume is available for another push-pull to send the bridge pickup straight-to-jack -- another useful feature.

Both options pack a lot of cool tele goodness under a standard control plate with easy-to-find parts.

upload_2019-9-16_11-16-53.png upload_2019-9-16_11-24-49.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe Tele-Meister

Thank you very much for your help!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.