How to wire a 1987 mij tele dm30 anyone

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by spdruce, Jun 4, 2019.

1. spdruce

spdruce TDPRI Member

I posted this one on tele technical, but looks like the lights are on but no one is home so no replies.
    Thought I'd throw it out on here see if anyone can help.
    I want to put an original style dm30 3 way switch back in my mij '87 tele but have lost my original pics of when i took the old one out. Have tried lots of the usual sites but no diagrams for this style of switch can anyone help with a diagram or pics please?

2. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

No experience of these but found this on Google.

Gotoh_DM_switchesz.jpg

3. spdruce

spdruce TDPRI Member

Thanks, much appreciated, I'll give that a try & let you know how i get on.

4. MatthewK

MatthewK Tele-Holic

Excuse the lack of focus but here's my 1987 TL52. The black and yellow cloth wires are from the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is the grey wire coming from top centre - the shield goes to the volume pot case and the white signal wire goes to the DM30 as you can see.
    [​IMG]

Crobbins likes this.
  5. spdruce

spdruce TDPRI Member

Thanks for the photo, I'm hoping to get on with refitting the dm30 over the weekend & will let you know i get on. I have been slightly distracted as have found a 4 way switch that I'd forgotten about, so may try that first. Only problem is I really like the ''top hat" switch tip & don't like the barrel type which is what the 4 way is. Anyways, looking forward to cranking up the soldering iron! Will let you know how i get on.

6. spdruce

spdruce TDPRI Member

Discovered I can get a top hat switch that fits the larger blade on the USA selector switch, apparently Japanese switches such as dm30 have a smaller blade! Anyways I have gone ahead & fitted the 4 way switch & ordered a top hat tip for it. Not sure whether I'll keep the 4 way, the extra depth & volume might be useful when playing live, but I'll live with it for a while before making a final judgement. Thank again folks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.