How to update the firmware on your Mustang LT25 to work with the new desktop Tone app

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DougM, Mar 31, 2020.

1. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Step 1- Download and install the desktop Tone app, not the Mustang GT one
    Step 2- Before starting the Tone app, connect your amp to your computer using USB and turn the amp on while holding down the encoder button for at least 3 sec. The LCD display on the amp will be blank.
    Step 3- Start the Tone app. It will prompt you to start the firmware update, and then to restart your amp
    Step 4- Close and restart the Tone app to sync it to your amp
    You'll now have the original 30 presets, including any changes you've made and saved, and you'll also have 30 new blank preset locations, which you can load with any of the additional 99 factory presets in Tone, which you can audition before loading into the amp.
    And you can of course modify any of them to your liking, just like the original 30 presets.
    And, of course, you can start from scratch and create your own presets in any of the 30 empty slots without any need to be connected to your computer.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Gfurman and rocksmoot like this.
  2. Gfurman

Gfurman TDPRI Member

Doug, thanks for this info. I'm having trouble with step 1 however (I know, not a good sign).

The only Tone App I can find on the Fender site is the GT version, but you said not to install that one. I can't seem to find the "Desktop Tone App" )? Can you help me?

Thanks

3. Gfurman

Gfurman TDPRI Member

NVM I found it. Thanks!

4. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

I know, it's hard to find, and it doesn't help that they gave them both the same name. Just remember to put the amp in the update mode before you start the Tone app, or the update won't happen.

5. Gfurman

Gfurman TDPRI Member

Thank you so much! I had no idea this significant of a firmware update was available. This update doubled my available presets from 30 to 60, and the Tone desktop app makes it all so much easier to manage including drag and drop of presets into desired groupings.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.