How to set a Compressor for long Sustain & Even Volume-Mustang III Amp

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by theelijahband, Mar 21, 2011.

1. theelijahband

theelijahband TDPRI Member

A simple compressor pedal Im use to is one with a attack, sustain, tone & volume knob.

I just got a new Fender Mustang III but however I can seem to grasp the adjustments for the compressor the way I want.
    My options on the compressor is Thresh, Ratio, Attack & Release. Also tone & volume but I dont think that has anything with what Im about to ask.

Anyways I want long sustain and I want it set to if I strum down on the guitar hard or light I still get a even volume. Can someone explain which knobs (Thresh, Ratio, Attack & Release) will adjust this and a ball park setting. (example 1 being min & 10 being max). Thank you

2. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

3. Impulse

Impulse Tele-Meister

You'll get a nice sustain with turning the threshold near its maximum even at lower ratios (3 or 4:1). If you want to really strangle it and not let you have any volume difference no matter how soft or hard you pick, set the ratio to the max and also lower the threshold fully.
    Setting a longer release time will also result in a more sustainy tone, and in general if you allow more attack, some peaks can go through even at high ratios and low threshold, so it won't sound as strangled.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.