1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How to mount 5F1 chassis in head cabinet

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by choosebronze, Feb 9, 2019.

1. choosebronze

choosebronze TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

So I built a 5f1 head cabinet. It looks great. But I didn't exactly think through how to mount the chassis, which is kind of important. After Googling to see if anyone's made the same mistake and solved it, I came across this 5f1 head cabinet from Weber, which is the same idea as mine. I have not drilled the front mounting holes yet.

But, even if I did drill the front mounting holes, so mine looks just like the Weber, how on earth would you mount a 5f1 in that cabinet? Once the chassis is in, and the screws are inserted, there'd be no way to get a nut on the inside of the chassis. I'm sure people have purchased the Weber head cabinet and put a chassis in it, but I'm stumped as to how.

[​IMG]

KellyWalrus likes this.
  2. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Tele-Afflicted

Doesn't the front baffle come out?

3. choosebronze

choosebronze TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

Holy **** I'm an idiot. Mental blocks are a powerful thing. Once I accepted there was no way to do it, I just couldn't see what was right in front of me. Wow. That's embarrassing. Thank you Bill.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.