How to connect these effect on pedalboard?

wiston

TDPRI Member
Hi guys, after many years of study and work I would like start playing guitar again. I still play my acoustic but I'd like to practise more on my Fender Srat. I have collected all my effects I found around and bought a new pedalboard with case. I never cared about effect order in the past. I usually used just some OD, delay and tuner so there was no need for that.

Maybe now there is no need as well but I'd like to ask how would you plug in these effects (or what is the best way)? Thank you!

Attachments

• 87450B82-15F2-480C-8100-57CCC5683D44.jpeg
    87450B82-15F2-480C-8100-57CCC5683D44.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 44

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
Does your amp have an fx loop? If so, then in front of amp:
-tuner-->wah-->boost-->Blues Driver-->Rat

Then in loop:
--Worm-->chorus-->delay-->reverb-->looper

If no loop, then just run in order of the pedals in front, then the rest after.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Definitely agree with wah first. Can’t remember, is the buffer switchable on the full size TC tuner? I don’t like a buffer in front of a Wah. Just me? I like reverb dead last. It’s all preference. Some pedals don’t like to be after some other pedals but there aren’t hard rules so experiment. I prefer wah/filter/fuzz types first because they tend to not like buffers and also are more directly reactive to pickup level and attach. Then OD, then modulations like chorus/phaser/trem/vibe then time based and my preference is delay then reverb but it’s all personal.

dreamingtele

Friend of Leo's
Wah - tuner

Then overdrives and boosts

Then delay

Then reverb

Then modulations

Then Looper

There’s no set rule. Its up to you to decide what order you want them in. Although, most wouldnt put a delay before an overdrive simply because its gonna sound like mush and the repeats are being overdriven which reduces clarity, so most would put the delay at the end of your gain stage (overdrives and boosts).

Then reverb and delay are also interchangeable depending on your tastes. As well as the modulations (chorus, trem, vibrato, etc etc)

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
Does your amp have an fx loop? If so, then in front of amp:
-tuner-->wah-->boost-->Blues Driver-->Rat

Then in loop:
--Worm-->chorus-->delay-->reverb-->looper

If no loop, then just run in order of the pedals in front, then the rest after.
Yep, that would be my signal chain as well - except the booster: if you want a volume boost, you should put the booster in the effect-loop, if you want more gain/compression for the overdrive, leave it before the overdrive.