How to buy a ROSS on Sale… sort of

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by John Nicholas, Sep 1, 2014.

1. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Friend of Leo's

Ever since I first saw all the great reviews of this sander, I knew I had to get one. But since I'm a wicked bargain hunter (and couldn't find any used ones on CL) and since it's Labor day and all, it should be on sale! Right? Well no…

So after a fruitless search for a coupon on Google, I came across a forum post (don't remember where) that said Home Depot honors competitive coupons.

Since the newest Harbor Freight email had just come today with a 20% coupon for any one item, I figured, let's try this out. I printed the coupon and headed over to Home Depot.

There was one in stock, which i brought up to the counter. Before it could be rung up I handed the guy the Harbor Freight coupon, saying I heard Home Depot honors competitors coupons, he agreed, took the coupon and rang up the sale!

Whoo Hooo!

End result is I bought a brand new ROSS for $159.20 plus tax (of course)

Hopefully this little "trick" will help someone here on the forum..

Good luck!

2. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

great tip.Would never have thought of it.Gonna have to see if it works for me

3. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Friend of Leo's

You should have no problem with the coupon. If you do, get the manager. They will do it.

Just make sure the coupon is not expired, they might give you a hard time about that.

Let me know how you make out.

4. OpenG Capo4

OpenG Capo4 Friend of Leo's

I wonder if I can buy stuff like wood and paint and still use the Harbor Fright coupons... :D

Or if they'll honor the coupons for free multimeters / flashlights / tape measures / etc etc:lol:

5. LeroyBlues

LeroyBlues Tele-Holic

That's very generous of HD.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.