1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How to add reverb to Crate V5 amp

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by 440mhz, Nov 24, 2020.

1. 440mhz

440mhz Tele-Meister

Hi all,
    Is there a way to add a reverb tank to a very basic Crate V5 5watt amp without using a Reverb Pedal on my pedal board. Something like plug and play without doing a major wiring job.
    Thanks in advance.

2. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Pedal is probably best/easiest~
    When I started building my own amps, I started using pedals for reverb and tremolo. Simple with lots of good options out there.

3. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Adding an actual spring reverb tank to an amp that doesn't have a reverb circuit is a pretty huge job because it requires major modifications to the components on the board, as well as the addition of several items including the tank.

An easy way to add reverb is to install Velcro in the bottom of the cab and stick the pedal in there. If you know a little about electronics, you can gut a 9vDC power supply and install it in there to power the pedal.

4. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Plug and play? Nope. And wouldn't be worth the effort if you could, IMO. It's a cheap small PCB that you could easily kill by trying to mod it in any way. Get a decent reverb pedal, and have at it.

I just got a Wampler Reflection on SDOTD. It's way better than the built in reverbs in my DSL20 and AC15. My bassman has no built in reverb. It sounds glorious with the pedal. The Vox is an actual spring. I could switch out the spring for a better one, but I don't need to. The pedal covers all of my amps well enough.

5. J. Bonkosky

J. Bonkosky Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Fender 6g15 Reverb Unit.

6. Mark the Moose

Mark the Moose Tele-Afflicted

Get a pedal. Otherwise you'll need a place to split the circuit, maybe requiring a buffer, and a place to mix the reverb back in requiring an extra gain stage. Just get a pedal or trade up in amp.

7. 440mhz

440mhz Tele-Meister

Thanks for all the info. The speaker connects to this amp with a regular 1/4 jack. I was hoping there might be a way to insert some type reverb there. I wanted to check first before I add another pedal to my board.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.