How stressful is it for you to buy a new wallet?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Jul 22, 2021.

How stressful is it for you to buy a new wallet?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2021.
  1. How dare you ask? This is a five year male commitment. Screw you. So stressful.

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. It takes me months until the old wallet is falling apart. I can deal with it.

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. It’s like buying underpants........I’m very careful.

14 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Kmart or Walmart are fine....not a big whoop..

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I have lunch money in my front pocket I dont care.

9 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Congrats! It can be stressful, I agree. I have purchased 9 properties in the last 10 years but only bought 1 wallet, so there's that. :rolleyes:

Greggorios likes this.
  2. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

I dont need one , thats for sure. My son gave me this awesome quality Italian one a few years ago , and I think I have to use it because it was a gift.
    No one needs cash here anyway , and even our drivers license can be shown on the telephone these days.

Greggorios likes this.
  3. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I bought my wallet over 15 years ago, leather, for about 15 bucks. I had no idea the thing would last as long as it has but, so far, it has shown little sign of aging even though I've carried every day! I won't replace it until it's needed, so.... maybe I've bought the last one I'll ever have, just didn't know it! :lol:

Greggorios likes this.
  4. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Picking out a wallet is not the hard part... I know what I like. It is the month or 2 of breaking them in until they are comfortable that I hate.

I keep my wallets until they are falling apart. My now wife gave me my current one 4 years ago for Christmas. She did a good job picking out nearly what I had before. Slim single fold brown leather.

Greggorios likes this.
  5. pi

pi Tele-Meister

The lifespan of my wallets has been well over 5 years. I don't like to change it unless I have to.

Greggorios likes this.
  6. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Friend of Leo's

I have a Saddleback Leather wallet. It's going on 15 or so years now and a single stitch hasn't loosened. I don't think I'll ever need to replace it.

Greggorios and corliss1 like this.
  7. Texicaster

Texicaster Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I'm done buying wallets....I think!

I bought one of these Bexar Goods Trucker Wallets 5 years ago and still going strong! I foolishly left in my pocket when working on my truck and kinda messed up the first one so bought another. THEN I sent in the first one and they rejuvenated for free. Restitched and oiled up. Can't see the damage any more.

Expensive at $275 BUT watch for sales and seconds!

wallet.jpg

Greggorios likes this.
  8. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It has to be a bi-fold. The tri-fold ones mangle cash.

9. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

It doesn't bother me. I have something now that doesn't fold, just holds cards. I have a friend though who's wallet is about 70% duct tape now.

Greggorios likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When I need a new wallet, I buy one, don't give it much thought. Last time I bought a wallet, I bought two because there were two of the one's I picked right there handy. I still like to carry a little cash, some credit cards and I.D. all in the same thing, so it's can't be too small. Other than that I don't care.

11. Honga Man

Honga Man Tele-Afflicted

I used to carry a bright green nylon wallet with a velcro closure in high school back in the '80s. Perhaps for my birthday or Christmas one year, my father gave me a brown leather bi-fold and said it was more of a man's wallet than a boy's.

I've been carrying ones like that ever since. They last a few years, maybe several years...I don't really keep track. I buy new ones at department stores when necessary.

And, like him, I still carry a black plastic Ace brand comb in the same back pocket as my wallet every day. He told me his father did that too.

Now I have a teenage son. He has a nylon wallet with a velcro closure and I can't get him to comb his hair at all.

12. PARCO

PARCO Tele-Meister

My current wallet is unique in that it doesn't have any place for bills (not that I have any money anyway). I will need a new one soon and I so far have not been able to find a suitable replacement.

13. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

I think I've owned a total of 3 or 4 wallets in the last 30 years. When one wears out, I buy a new one, but they last a long time. Same basic thing in brown leather each time. Once I had a black one. What's to think about?

14. mountainhick

mountainhick Tele-Meister

My requirements are simple: I carry only an ATM card, 1 credit card, Driver's license, medical insurance card and reasonably small amount of cash.

Current criteria, non folding, slim, RFID protection, one transparent window.

5 min on Amazon to find reasonable quality and low price, done.

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  15. Old Plank

Old Plank Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Zero stress .... when it's really really time, just run downtown to the guy that hand tools them, voila!

16. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

I want it thin and simple. Good ones never lasted much longer than mid grade, so I buy on price/features.

I probably need rfid protection next time though.

17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I kept using a raggedy billfold for 3 years, even though a couple brand new ones were waiting for me, in a drawer. I finally ditched the old one, during those quiet times in late 2020.

We've cut way back on gift exchanges and part of it is many of us are allergic to buying from a certain large country that dominates manufacture of a lot of gift items. I made a special side trip of 60 miles to return a billfold (that pretended to be from Italy but wasn't ) that my Mom picked out for me in Los Angeles (and remember the parents are 200 miles from there) and got credit back to my Mom's account. I hate being tricked, but even more I hate it when people attempt to trick someone in their (late 80s at that time, she's about to turn 94). If I had one pivotal explanation for why the whole clan doesn't do exchanges, here's the main reason - right here.

18. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

This stresses you out?

mountainhick likes this.
  19. Flaneur

Flaneur Poster Extraordinaire

I went to a skinny little card case, about four years ago. I carry a debit card, a couple of store cards.....and my free bus pass. :D

This super-light sliver of leather took a couple of hours to make and will last, indefinitely. There's also room for a couple of £20s- because I haven't embraced the cashless society- especially when haggling at the Flea Market, or when buying guitars. ;)

I hate putting bulky and especially weighty objects in my jeans. I have no hips and even with my belt lashed tight, pockets full of change, big knives and bunches of keys quickly expose my underwear to the world....or worse. :eek:

20. Rockinvet

Rockinvet Tele-Afflicted

Last wallet I bought was part of a package deal in the Caribbean. I was on a cruise with my wife and went into a touristy jewelry shop. Found a Wenger watch that came with a key chain, wallet, and really nice backpack. I still use all except the key chain which I can’t find. Haven’t used the watch much lately but the wallet is still holding up. Oh and the backpack is really nice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.