How Strat players become Tele players:

The Angle

Tele-Afflicted
That's about how it went for me. I wanted nothing to do with Telecasters until a friend told me to get over myself and practically forced one into my hands. It was a revelation.

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
They finally saw the light. ...or someone switched the lights on. 👁️

HaWE

Tele-Meister
My first electric guitar was a mij Tele copy , but I always wanted to have a strat.Then, after playing a Strat for years I somehow got tired of that sound,in particular that "quack-sound".Maybe because so many artists were (over-)using this 2/4 positions.On my Strat I changed the pickups to only 2 LIL59s.
And years ago I found out I like Telecasters more (the simplicity, the feel, the sound ) than a "normal" sounding Strat.
But I like all guitars I own,including my Strat and my Les Pauls ...

Eddiebaby1

Tele-Meister
I love my Strat.
Hardly ever play it since getting the Tele but I cant sell it because Im a Strat guy ... right...?

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
Didn't happen right away. My first tele was an 80s mij '62 tele RI. Looked great, wasn't so great to play and listen to. So my '61 strat stayed number one. It was buying a '94 G&L ASAT Classic that changed the deal. More sounds I wanted to hear from two p/us, vs 3 on the strat. And the tone knob not only worked ... it was an essential part of playing the tele.

The tele just felt right. Always. The strat felt good too, sometimes.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve owned a dozen or more Strats.
One Tele.
I’ve said this before and maybe it makes sense and maybe it doesn’t.
I hope folks understand; whenever I’d ask my Tele for more it would respond. I’ve never had a Strat that would.
I currently own one electric guitar and yep, Telecaster.

Respect to Strats, they are the most comfortable guitars to hold.

runstendt

Tele-Holic
This is oddly accurate. Every Tele (or T-style) I’ve ever played made me want on just like it. I can’t say that about any other styles.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Tele players don't need no extra bling...no extra cutaways, no extra knobbies, no extraneous levers and whammy things, no springy things, no belly cuts or old man arm rests and no extra pickups...errr, wait, that's an Esquire! :)

Last edited: