How much whiskey do you drinks?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flat6Driver, Nov 15, 2019.

1. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Never found a taste for dark liquors, and don't drink at all anymore, so, none I guess.... Sorry, I'm boring, haha

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

About 50/50 beer and liquor. Top shelf bourbons, scotches, and tequilas. I will accept almost any whiskey if someone else is buying as long as it is high end product. I will not consume rot gut anything.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  3. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

I like rye because it is a little spicier, but I'll choke down bourbon too. My partner is one of the founders of a women's history organization that teaches women's history at nonprofit fundraiser events by serving classic cocktails that tie in with a woman from history whom they honor with a short biography on a drink card, with the cocktail recipe on the reverse. So while fine liquors are important in our household, we don't actually consume a ton of it ourselves. Me more than her though.

We have a modest budget for liquor, so we try to be careful with how we spend our discretionary alcohol budget. When we travel we like to find local distilleries that might have limited distribution and sample their product. We'll buy a bottle or two to take home for our collection. If it was up to me, I'd just drink the good stuff, but I've learned that's not really the way it works in our household. Instead, if we are going to drink liquor, we'll usually have one or two drinks of the good stuff, either in a cocktail or over ice. I will usually want at least one more, or a few more. If that is the case, we also keep something inexpensive on hand for our followup drink(s). We like Evan Williams bourbon as a decent yet inexpensive product for our second or third round.

uriah1 likes this.
  4. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I was cured of any attraction to whiskey after the infamous Mr. Daniels and I had a disagreement, and I felt the effects of his attack for two days afterwards.

A decade later I quit drinking entirely, so I guess I’ll never try to regain an appetite for it.

Greggorios and uriah1 like this.
  5. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

I like Knob Creek, but it takes me a while to get through a bottle. I need to hit the saloon with my six guns and have a real cowboy time. Maybe write a song about it.
    Nobody writes a song about white claw.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I sometimes have a Maker’s Mark “neat” at my regular Tuesday and Friday gigs.
    It’s the only hard liqour I enjoy.
    Otherwise, I like Grolsch beer at home, and the rubber washers on the stopper are great free strap security devices.

Greggorios likes this.
  7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I will enjoy ( occasionally) one shot of whiskey ( Jamison's?) or say a vodka/grapefruit mixer, at the start of a regular or familiar gig. Maybe a 2nd, but no more, and early too, so I'm OK to.drive later.
    I'm a lightweight drinker, so these drinks can really get to me-
    I just do this at gigs or friend's BBQ parties, but dont drink at home.

Greggorios likes this.
  8. Toast

Toast Tele-Holic

I don't drink much these days, but when I do I like a good scotch. It has to be on the rocks though because I'm a heathen. It's a disappointment if the ice isn't from purified water. I like craft beers as well. I love wine during and after dinner. I don't mix my alcohol types. My body can't really handle too much booze these days so I know the line where if I drink more I get none of the usual boozy benefits and simply add to all its disadvantages. There is a point of pleasant drunkeness where adding more booze doesn't improve anything. Diminishing returns.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  9. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

Hate the filthy stuff. It's not meant to be imbibed; rather it's supposed to be rubbed on as a midge repellent.

10. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I can only drink lite beer and Miller Chill. Wine makes me fall over and the last time I had a Scotch it was extremely hot the next day, only had one, and had to go home from work at midday.
    I haven't had a strong beer , Heineken, since my 60th. birthday, four years ago.

11. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I had a bottle of Red Breast Irish whiskey for about two years and just finished it up.

12. voskarp

voskarp Tele-Meister

I drink water when thirsty, and tea during the day hours; beer or scotch in the evening (if it's not an alcohol free day, then I drink that spicy Yogi Tea, I need something strong in the evening). More likely beer in the summer and whisky in the winter.

I enjoy Single Malt, mostly Bowmore 12 y o or Glenlivet 12 y o.

So I guess it gets a bit too much whisky to be all healthy...

13. neilybob100

neilybob100 Tele-Meister

I like drinking bourbon and beer. Probably have either, once or twice a week.

My current favourites are Hogs Back Brewery TEA and Jim Beam Red Stag

I also like Jack Daniel's, my main amp is a Jack Daniel's branded Peavey Classic 30 JD30-T.

I'm supporting a drinking festival today in London that my company is running. Means I got to see around and watch everyone else drink

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. mally

mally Tele-Holic

If i am drinking whisky its laphroaig
    But my favourite tipple is wodka
    And its this wodka !
    20191116_111107.jpg

15. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

We got to try the 15 year recently. We started with Markers Mark, then Weller 12, and then PVW15. There was an obvious difference in MM and W12. It took a bit to pull out the difference in PVW15 and W12. It was most remarkable how similar they were. In the end, I felt there was a bit more flavor in the PVW15. A bit. They had the 23 year on a shelf, but it was empty. I'm darn glad - $120 a shot...

PS - for those wondering what these three have in common, they are all wheated bourbons, and Weller was formulated by the same distillery and family as Pappy Van Winkle.

Erebus, rolandson and uriah1 like this.
  16. ponce

ponce Tele-Holic

Rarely whiskey, but I like good beer a lot and here and there some wormwood bitter. Is there a similar thing available in the USA?

Attached Files:

17. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Whiskey makes me want to fight big guys and sleep with women of questionable intimate hygiene practices, so I tend to avoid it.

18. kiwi blue

kiwi blue Tele-Afflicted

Or when I'm alone with somebody. Is that a country song or what?

19. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

rolandson likes this.
  20. mally

mally Tele-Holic

Ok Ill be the one

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.