how much do you hate your coworkers

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johnny k, Jun 17, 2016.

1. meirmusic

meirmusic TDPRI Member

Had a co-worker this week call the cops on me because my car bumper was slightly hovering over the sidewalk. Said she wasn't watching where she was walking and ran right into it and instead of asking me to move it she decided to try to get me fined.

boredguy6060 likes this.
  2. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Holic

Most jobs I've had I typically couldn't stand that people I worked with. But aside from my wife and my family, I've got about five real friends. I'm not a people person.

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

No offence here I was speaking in generalities, I have close ties to the Post Office in Canada I have seen all forms of employees good ,bad, indifferent just as anywhere else. there is a public impression of the work they do and some like to banter about how lazy they are , well some are, and some go well above and beyond what is expected of them. Its a physically demanding job in some dangerous conditions and an aging work force, i was not implying anything about your post, so please dont take it that I was.

A few years ago an employee from fisheries canada was fired here in Kamloops he returned and killed 6 people in the office, so that frustration level can happen any where any time,
    alls it takes is one unstable personality.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    boredguy6060 likes this.
  4. 24 track

what type of job did you have?

5. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Well, that was just pure bs.

6. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I recently quit my job as the Managing Director promoted his girlfriend as my Manager. I loathed her before her 'promotion' and had no intention of working under her (so to speak).

I took some time off to have some surgery, went back and quit. I'd received five offers from competitors so cherry picked the best one and left - with my customers too.

There was no way I was going to let her and him travel round the world together seeing my customers as an excuse to make extended stays in 5-star hotels.

Got some great news last week. Beat them in a big deal which they were desperate to get - it was a real banker for them but I got the contract through last week.

So do I hate my co-workers? I used to but I'm much happier now!

:D :p Peter

overlock, Anode100 and boredguy6060 like this.
  7. SailorGuy

SailorGuy Former Member

I wouldn't say I hate anyone much, but the deckhands at work can find new and interesting ways to avoid work. I get annoyed with them from time to time. Paycuts in the oilfield haven't helped the quality of employee either, ehh, but whatcha gonna do??

I spend my time at work thinking about home, then forget work exists once I'm home. If they've worked you up enough to think about them when you're not getting paid to, they win. Don't let them win. Do your job, help them with theirs, be safe while you're doing it and go home to enjoy life!

8. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Hate'em? No. But there's some I sure never want to see again.

At my last job, the mid-management ran amok because the VP was a thousand miles away, and was a content guy and knew no tech. My boss was the worst of the bunch. The stroke that took out half his brain actually improved his personality. Then they told me I wasn't smart enough to do my job, couldn't be promoted and couldn't move sideways. I was sliding into depression until my wife ran some numbers to figure out we'd be OK if I couldn't take it any more or they canned me. Lot of bile still around from that place. I have lunch once a week with my friends from there. Poor guys.

Had another boss who stated that the master slave relationship must be maintained. When he quit in disgrace we had to remove all his code from the product because it didn't work.

There's been others.

Current coworkers are a pretty good lot. All sharp and polite. And very helpful, which is good. Even though it's still code, it was a pretty radical change, and I've been climbing a pretty steep learning curve.

Most of the people I've worked with have been just fine.

9. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Self employed 1 man operation . I even hate my boss . Very good at what I do and find myself in a period of transition to another 1 man operation . Employees suck . They try to demand everything from you and then turn around and try to give the least of themselves , but hey , they are people . You will never hire anyone that will work as hard for you as you will or should for yourself .

boredguy6060 likes this.
  10. meirmusic

meirmusic TDPRI Member

Still got it, unfortunately. I caption calls at a company called Captel.

24 track likes this.
  11. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

how much do you hate your coworkers

I really don't for the most part; most are good folks. We're pretty lean, so we all have plenty to do right now.

12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't see what hating your co-workers could have to do with the to day back stabbing that goes on in a company. Surely, just because a guy would like to be standing on your shoulders when he's talking to the box isn't offensive to you? They are all people just like yourselves without all your sterling qualities! You gotta look past their short comings, and realize they are just people you wouldn't loan money to, give a ride on a dark night, or be on a desert island with (for long). In short, they may be people exactly like you! :D:D:D

william tele and 24 track like this.
  13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Mostly been happy with colleagues. Had a couple of bad bosses that came in when IPO time came round trying to claim all the work I did and my contacts as theirs. They all screwed up though and lost their jobs when they were found out.

It's quite entertaining to see how many of the bosses keep f*^^%g up each job they get within 18 months. Perpetual losers. I don't need to hate them. Worst are ones that employ their friends.

As someone else says, it's even more fun when you leave and win all the work they REALLY needed.

14. 24 track

it suck that she didnt give the opportunity to correct the situation before acting on it,IMHO

15. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Same here. Most days I like my co-worker (me), especially when he (me) tells me (him) to take the day off.

24 track likes this.
  16. 24 track

I had a job for the past 25 years and this very smart young upstart would alway Nix any Ideas I had because he had a better way to do things, so the boss would ALWAYS sway to his suggestions, now most people would find this offensive, and a blow to their Ego I for one welcomed it becuase every time this happened it added more to his workload everytime beacuse he was always assigned to complete the task , he never caught on, untill one day 2 years later I mentioned it to him that becuse of interjection to my ideas his work load increased exponentially. the only reason I told him is I liked this kid he was still believing he was going to change the world and had the energy to do so. there is no substitution for expirience.

telemnemonics likes this.
  17. 24 track

I see you have an exceptional employee bene's and reward system in place to stimulate a good working environment, smart thinking

tap4154 likes this.
  18. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Her face was buried in her phone, of course, but it's your fault...

19. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

People don't always do as they should. That definitely and all-too-obviously includes me - just ask my wife and teenage kids ;). Some, I guess, seldom do as they should. A few are really evil people. But the way I feel about them (I have finally learned) is a choice that only I can make. Anger, resentment, and bad feelings towards people are luxuries I can no longer afford. Those feelings always turn back around on me and I don't like it. So I'm getting better. I try to practice forgiveness and tolerance, not to mention love. To say I don't always succeed is a BIG understatement, but I'm making progress. It's like learning to play the guitar. You practice and you get better. There's no substitute for it.

stnmtthw, telemnemonics and Toto'sDad like this.
  20. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

hey man, you wouldn't want a guy riding around town in a giant rooster
    to sound like an idiot wouldja?

Toto'sDad and 24 track like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.